mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 06-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Aces and eights

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I hope gamers boycott Xbone anyway. Consumers need to let companies know that this hyper-DRM crap is a non-starter.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Yeah, at this point, I don't know what I'm going to do. I guess it depends on what my friends wind up getting, to be honest, as there's no point in me even having a console if not for online play with my friends. Halo's gotten pretty tired as a franchise, and seeing as that's the only Xbox exclusive franchise I even remotely cared about, I really wouldn't be opposed to the PS4 at this point.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
^ My buds all decided PS4 was for us so we collectively switched. I imagine that's what a lot of friends are doing.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
^ My buds all decided PS4 was for us so we collectively switched. I imagine that's what a lot of friends are doing.
unless you're one of these:

heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:20 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
That guy that takes the mic from the interviewer is a d!ck. like others, I play almost exclusively 360 games but have reserved a ps4 and games for it. Suck it Microsoft. Don't tell me what to do!
the guy whose mic he took uploaded a new video AFTER xbox changed policy.

he swears a lot so don't watch at work lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcXdWRJ-xb4
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
the guy whose mic he took uploaded a new video AFTER xbox changed policy.

he swears a lot so don't watch at work lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcXdWRJ-xb4
I would watch this IF he wasn't screaming into the mic for 18 minutes...
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I hope gamers boycott Xbone anyway. Consumers need to let companies know that this hyper-DRM crap is a non-starter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Yeah, at this point, I don't know what I'm going to do. I guess it depends on what my friends wind up getting, to be honest, as there's no point in me even having a console if not for online play with my friends. Halo's gotten pretty tired as a franchise, and seeing as that's the only Xbox exclusive franchise I even remotely cared about, I really wouldn't be opposed to the PS4 at this point.
Quote:
I was looking to go to a PS3 just because I wanted to play Last of Us. After the BS Microsoft pulled with this I am convinced I'm going to a PS4.

Unfortunately my friends are Fanboys as was I till now, are going with the XBox One. One who thinks hes a super tech geek/hacker/smarter than everyone else refuses to believe anything I say about Microsoft.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

He's clearly an idiot if he's willing to fanboy after a spill like that.. anyone willing to blindly dedicate themselves to a single *new* platform with no real overlap with past platforms without even giving it time on the market is a very ignorant kind of person, especially when the company has clearly shown they're willing to put industry interests ahead of what current gamers want, and preach that it's all in the gamers interest. No offense to PS4 buyers of course, that's a straight up safe bet and a fairly effective way for console gamers to vote with their wallet.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #29 (permalink)
Terminus Est

"BOW"

I realise you posted way back on page one about grabbing a PS4 because of the stuff xbox WAS going to do, may i just point out that PS4 had those same rumours about thier consol and they had to back away from doing it too. Besides, all the negative rumours come from who knows where. Its usually just a feww peoples hear say that developes into a panic by the mass of eagerly waiting consumers who fuel the fire. I doubt either company would have done that stuff without the other doing it too. You need your competition to be worse than you, not crippled.

After all I have seen I am sure the xbox will be the better all around console, just as the 360 is compared to the ps3.

bla bla I dont want to hear "no its not, ps3 is better"

Its just not. coming from a purely hardware and specs point of view as well as the porting of games the 360 just has better graphics...simple. also i feel like a sasquatch holding that little toy PS3 controller, its too small, but that is my personal preference.

Also I am not a fan of all that Japanes anime influence in the flat looking PS games, They just dont look as real to me and the teams they have just arent as good at producing games that get a mass following.
The main ones that PS has that come to mind are Final Fantasy, Metal Gear solid and killzone
Now metal gear is on xbox and final fantasy is soo darn old, i think they could do with something new. Killzone, well its ok, but xbox has similar games that are exclusive to it so no big deal. I feel that PS has just remade old games over and over soo much that its gotten boring..but thats MY biased point so please just take it as such. And yes i realize that halo and other have existed a while too....but not original playstation long

xbox one has the super cloud factor, and we have seen how technology is moving in this way. That means xbox will be on the cutting edge for longer than ps4, despite ps4 being a bit more powerful in processing power than the xbox one. The xbox doesnt need the brain to work all that out, it has a million brains on the cloud to do its minion work for it. At least thats how I have come to understand this. I dont care about brand loyalty, I just want whats best for my money and it looks like xbox one has me this time again. Thats 3 for 3 for microsft. I have spent many many hours comparing and researching the actual chips etc inside both consols and when fan boy stuff is put aside, all around the xbox just looks like it has a better shelf life and better games. its more what i expect to see in a next gen console. PS just made a better ps3 in my eyes.

Besides is noone else excited about "SPARK" ? a game where you make your own game ! thats friggin awesome. Good work on the unique and cool front on that one Microsoft.

Last edited by SKULL; 06-21-2013 at 09:50 AM.
SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
It's the attitude at which they have towards things.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in