mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 08-24-2013, 12:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
hth
Seasoned Member

So got me a N7, what now?

Ok guys I just got me a new toy a Nexus 7 FHD 32GB!

So questions:

-Best case? (background, I use a ballistic SG case for my phone a LG L7 but I do switch to a fancy wallet case too. I used to own before some ******* stole my iPod an iPod touch with a TPU type case, survived many falls from about 4-5ft at worst that thing was almost pristine if there wasn't so much gunk build up on the back side lol)

-Must have apps? (Now I have a legit MasterCard I'm not against dropping like $10-20 a year on apps)

-Any other tips?

Notes from me:
-Have not notice GPS or multitouch issues at the moment, will try not having this issue.
-Have not updated the firmware (Ver. 4.3, Build #JWR66N)
hth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

I saw N7 and was thinking Mass Effect....

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
hth
Seasoned Member

In hindsight maybe saying N7 wasn't that great of an idea, but on the other hand got more hits lol
Old 08-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Eisenherz

The GPS and touch issues reportedly do not affect all units. I'm waiting for the LTE version before I upgrade. I have had my Nexus 7 2012 for a couple of months now, and I still love it. I had the slowdown issues like most other people, but the upgrade seems to have alleviated problem.
You Must Learn The Ways Of The Brass.. The Brass will reveal itself only to those who are genuine in their pursuit. You must become open to The Brass in order to receive it. You will never find The Brass until you overcome your fear of truth. Truth and The Brass are one.
My MCB Feedback

|fun|#Born2Die|

W202 - Club202 is Back! W201

Other man stuff - The Garage Journal
nhmercracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Is this the new Nexus 7? How is it? I've heard good things.

I don't know if they make them for the Nexus 7 but I'd check out the Zagg Invisible Shield. I have one on my ipod and it works great. Working in a machine shop you can imagine what our electronics can go through.

Edit: here it is

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

Kind of a pain in the *** to install but the guys at Best Buy installed mine for me for an extra $5.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
hth
Seasoned Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
Is this the new Nexus 7? How is it? I've heard good things.

I don't know if they make them for the Nexus 7 but I'd check out the Zagg Invisible Shield. I have one on my ipod and it works great. Working in a machine shop you can imagine what our electronics can go through.

Edit: here it is

Asus Google Nexus 7 Tablet Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

Kind of a pain in the *** to install but the guys at Best Buy installed mine for me for an extra $5.
I'm not sure if zagg has a new protector yet for the new nexus. But how does the full protection stand up to drops?

I like my nexus 7 so far, it's real smooth. Much smoother than my phone. But mind you I only had this for under 24 hours lol
Old 08-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
I don't think Zagg makes a full case protector for the Nexus. I ended up buying their Invisible Shield screen protector and a cheap Skull Candy case because I don't like cases that have the built in plastic screen protector.

But as far as protection goes it works great. I've been using the Zagg Invisible Shield on my ipod for a couple years now and it has kept my ipod screen scratch free. It does get a little dirty sometimes from working in a machine shop but it's easy enough to clean. They claim the film has some shock absorption but I've never wanted to test it.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
hth
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
I don't think Zagg makes a full case protector for the Nexus. I ended up buying their Invisible Shield screen protector and a cheap Skull Candy case because I don't like cases that have the built in plastic screen protector.

But as far as protection goes it works great. I've been using the Zagg Invisible Shield on my ipod for a couple years now and it has kept my ipod screen scratch free. It does get a little dirty sometimes from working in a machine shop but it's easy enough to clean. They claim the film has some shock absorption but I've never wanted to test it.
When I had my ipod I just beat the **** out of screen protector (6-9 months) and replace with el cheapo china screen protectors lol

Well for $6 I tried buying one of these s-lined tpu cases, idk if this going to be a bad investment. I'm just not totally sure that those leather cases will hold up either
Old 08-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'd go with an Otterbox personally, pricey, but most definitely worth it. I was always iffy over them just because of price, but after having one for my galaxy s4 I love it. I know someone who uses an Otterbox Defender on their Nexus 7 for school, and I'm strongly considering one for my tablet as well.
As far as paid apps are concerned, I've only payed for 2 in the 3 years I've owned Android devices. SwiftKey keyboard being the best four dollars I've ever spent, and Tasker being an amazing tool of you're willing to put time into it and learn.
uniwersel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
hth
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniwersel View Post
I'd go with an Otterbox personally, pricey, but most definitely worth it. I was always iffy over them just because of price, but after having one for my galaxy s4 I love it. I know someone who uses an Otterbox Defender on their Nexus 7 for school, and I'm strongly considering one for my tablet as well.
As far as paid apps are concerned, I've only payed for 2 in the 3 years I've owned Android devices. SwiftKey keyboard being the best four dollars I've ever spent, and Tasker being an amazing tool of you're willing to put time into it and learn.
Too bad otter box hasn't released a new case yet. But $70 to boot? Ouch!

And I actually like this new nexus keyboard, pretty cool since it dues gesture typing

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in