mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 10-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

bf3 ( strained eyes ? )

i have been playing video games my whole life, and have never had an issue with my eyes. but for some reason after about an hour of bf3 multiplayer my eyes get very strained. i cant focus them and it becomes impossible for me to play. the best way i can describe it is if you just unfocus your eyes and look at the screen, everything is a blur. its very weird because i can play other games for much longer with no effect.

does this happen to anyone else. is there some setting in bf3 that is causing my eyes to get strained.
AO
cheezstake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

There are a few reasons and it can be due to your eyes which effected by blood sugar/ age, eye strain , diet etc . I Played a lot of BF3 a lot and have due to my age 48 changed my glass twice over the last 3 years, even now since I moved on to PlanetSide2, I giong to have to get a new pare of glasses soon . My Advice is go see your doctor first let me check your blood sugar and basic eye test. Then you go to your optician, let him check your eyes out , if you need glasses then get your self a pair made just for PC /mobile use , My pair are made so I am able to see small text on my mobile and then about the length from how far you sit away from the pc screen. I pay around about $ 70 very 2 or 3 yr for a new pare.
Hope this helps
GavinGap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

a few obvious ones, don't sit too close to the screen, make sure your room is well lit and use the 60 seconds or whatever it is between games to take a break and drink some water or go outside and get some fresh air. As for possible causes it happens to me when I am reading something that requires lots of concentration off of any screen with a back light.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Every so often when you die and are waiting to respawn, take a second and focus on something 10-20 feet away for 10 or so seconds. It'll help relieve the strain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezstake View Post
i have been playing video games my whole life, and have never had an issue with my eyes. but for some reason after about an hour of bf3 multiplayer my eyes get very strained. i cant focus them and it becomes impossible for me to play. the best way i can describe it is if you just unfocus your eyes and look at the screen, everything is a blur. its very weird because i can play other games for much longer with no effect.

does this happen to anyone else. is there some setting in bf3 that is causing my eyes to get strained.
What other games r u playing? Are you playing on a different resolution on bf3 than other games? How long are you playing for continuously?

I personally never had any eye blurring issues when bf3 or any video game for that matter. I did however have problems when watching lots of poorer quality videos on my computer. Low quality videos seemed to render my eyes unable to focus if i watch for too long.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Do you notice that with any other games? It could also be the scan rate on your screen. It happens mainly under florescent lights (like in an office) but particular scan/refresh rates in the 60hz window can sometimes cause eyestrain.

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I did read that in Battlefield 4, they made a significant effort to make the game more friendly towards players with color blindness. (altered color pallets, display pre-sets that were "labled" for the main types of color blindness, etc)

This would lead me to believe they did get some complaints in BF3 (?)

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
Do you notice that with any other games? It could also be the scan rate on your screen. It happens mainly under florescent lights (like in an office) but particular scan/refresh rates in the 60hz window can sometimes cause eyestrain.
that's certainly true for crt monitors, but it's not the case with lcds.

in regards to the op, is there any kind of motion blur effect going on that would prevent you from focusing? if you do not need prescription glasses, you might want to check out gunnar optiks glasses. they supposedly help reduce glare and eye strain.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

I was also about to suggest gunnars. I have a pair for gaming and enjoy them. The slight tint will take some getting used to, but it reduces (not prevent, that's important) some strain on the eyes.

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I've had this happen to me when borrowing a friend's monitor. I normally just run a plain old 60hz monitor. I borrowed his 120hz 3d one, even without the glasses, when running at 120 frames it felt like I was staring at the sun after playing for an hour, eyes just felt...sore..it's hard to explain.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in