mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 11-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hates the Media

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophia View Post
http://thesurvivor2299.com/radio/lon...39ac559777.mp3

The audio file is called "longfellow-52939ac559777.mp3" if it matters.

Maybe the file name is referencing Henry Wadsworth Longfellow? He did spend quite some time in Massachusetts, or the Commonwealth in Fallout lore.
Good call.

Game has been rumored to have a Boston setting for a while now. with modern day technology, it should be a major improvement over Fallout 3, and even Skyrim. I hope the map is like 6 times bigger too; realistic request with next gen systems having far more RAM now.
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. VonDeafingson View Post
Plus, don't forget all the mods to incorporate new vegas' new features into FO3

Made the game infinitely more repayable (even after beating it a bunch and modding it to hell)

I really really REALLY hope theres a new engine underlying this game.... the gamebryo engine is kinda klunky, creation was a step in the right direction but still was meh.
don't forget the hd texture packs. they were free with the game on pc and was a total facelift. you can actually read the road signs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
Good call.

Game has been rumored to have a Boston setting for a while now. with modern day technology, it should be a major improvement over Fallout 3, and even Skyrim. I hope the map is like 6 times bigger too; realistic request with next gen systems having far more RAM now.
oh man, i miss fallout. skyrim without VATS felt so different and took time getting used to after playing the newer fallouts. i thought creation was just a heavily modified gamebryo engine though. i heard the just glorified it. hopefully the long hiatus gave them time to actually make an awesome new engine. even rockstar used their old engine and the game just felt a little dated because of it.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Baghead

Quote:
Good call.

Hopefully the textures don't look like they are straight from 2002. I ended up getting completely new textures, new lighting, and new meshes for Skyrim for it to look nice on my desktop. Even with all that it still looks kinda bad in some places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
don't forget the hd texture packs. they were free with the game on pc and was a total facelift. you can actually read the road signs.

oh man, i miss fallout. skyrim without VATS felt so different and took time getting used to after playing the newer fallouts. i thought creation was just a heavily modified gamebryo engine though. i heard the just glorified it. hopefully the long hiatus gave them time to actually make an awesome new engine. even rockstar used their old engine and the game just felt a little dated because of it.
The engine Bethesda used in Skyrim is clunky and the FO3 engine is even clunkier. I never did play New Vegas after how disappointed I felt playing FO3.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I did VATS on several games following FO3/NV. It's not a crutch, but I was so used to it when planning attacks. When it's not there all of a sudden there is a slight panic.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post

Quote:
Hopefully the textures don't look like they are straight from 2002. I ended up getting completely new textures, new lighting, and new meshes for Skyrim for it to look nice on my desktop. Even with all that it still looks kinda bad in some places.

The engine Bethesda used in Skyrim is clunky and the FO3 engine is even clunkier. I never did play New Vegas after how disappointed I felt playing FO3.
Creation is an evolution of gamebryo that is all bethesda, instead of the havok guys.

Considering what I've just put in my computer, I'm really expecting a more optimized engine. Mantle would be nice too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Hates the Media

Fan of EMR
Updates to this
The initial people to call "hoax" have reversed gears, them being Kotaku. Moving on...

New website, above, within the website. Click to see it. Also:

When opened, the message “SY684> OVERRIDING PROTOCOL VT-15812 WITH KEY '7667'” begins to appear letter by letter, as if being typed in to a terminal. Below that, the message “Unknown Enemy Detected” appears with a flashing red background.
The page also contains the hidden message
REV FEAR - MGSS LHM'H EVHV KBIM'R QIUBMU. CB'L Z YYG MN HBM ZQSUB ZZAY
Translation with a Keyed Vigniere Cipher (Key = Synth, Alphabet = “ZYXW...”)
THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT'S COMING. IT'S A KEY TO THE GREAT GAME
Desmond Lockheart (F3: Point Lookout character) mentions travelling north to pursue the “Great Game” of geniuses and billionaires

"Calling all stations, this is Vault Overseer 119, anybody near Quabbin? SOS Vault door breach, repeat, SOS Vault door breach, enemy unknown, level 1, 2, and 3 gone, survivors on (service lift? sealed? secure location?) level 4"

then

" New Morse code (Unknown-3-7667)
CQ CQ CQ DE VT 119 SOS LVL4 UND ATTK OS IS DEAD II SOS LVL4 UND ATTK OS IS DEAD WE WNT MK I
Attempted translation:
Calling all stations, this is Vault 119, SOS, Level 4 is under attack, Overseer is dead, repeat, SOS, Level 4 is under attack, Overseer is dead. (We want Mark I? We won’t make it?)"

------------------------

Vault 119 does not exist in official lore....yet. overseer is who sends you out in Fallout 1. One of the bette online hooks to draw interest in a game. This needs to spread more and more over the next week.

Last edited by Tuff; 12-02-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Baghead

Quote:
Updates to this
The initial people to call "hoax" have reversed gears, them being Kotaku. Moving on...

New website, above, within the website. Click to see it. Also:

When opened, the message “SY684> OVERRIDING PROTOCOL VT-15812 WITH KEY '7667'” begins to appear letter by letter, as if being typed in to a terminal. Below that, the message “Unknown Enemy Detected” appears with a flashing red background.
The page also contains the hidden message
REV FEAR - MGSS LHM'H EVHV KBIM'R QIUBMU. CB'L Z YYG MN HBM ZQSUB ZZAY
Translation with a Keyed Vigniere Cipher (Key = Synth, Alphabet = “ZYXW...”)
THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT'S COMING. IT'S A KEY TO THE GREAT GAME
Desmond Lockheart (F3: Point Lookout character) mentions travelling north to pursue the “Great Game” of geniuses and billionaires

"Calling all stations, this is Vault Overseer 119, anybody near Quabbin? SOS Vault door breach, repeat, SOS Vault door breach, enemy unknown, level 1, 2, and 3 gone, survivors on (service lift? sealed? secure location?) level 4"

then

" New Morse code (Unknown-3-7667)
CQ CQ CQ DE VT 119 SOS LVL4 UND ATTK OS IS DEAD II SOS LVL4 UND ATTK OS IS DEAD WE WNT MK I
Attempted translation:
Calling all stations, this is Vault 119, SOS, Level 4 is under attack, Overseer is dead, repeat, SOS, Level 4 is under attack, Overseer is dead. (We want Mark I? We won’t make it?)"

------------------------

Vault 119 does not exist in official lore....yet. overseer is who sends you out in Fallout 1. One of the bette online hooks to draw interest in a game. This needs to spread more and more over the next week.
Google Doc

Go down to the third from last known URL (stream.), click it, and wait to see where that takes you.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
60% More bullet

Quote:
Go down to the third from last known URL (stream.), click it, and wait to see where that takes you.
All it leads me to is the Bethesda online store.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Baghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post
All it leads me to is the Bethesda online store.
Precisely. It redirects from the 2299 website to Bethesda, which means that it is very likely that the 2299 website is related to Fallout. Granted it could be a big hoax, but since Fallout New Vegas came out a while ago and Skyrim isn't exactly new either, it's about time for a new Fallout.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Precisely. It redirects from the 2299 website to Bethesda, which means that it is very likely that the 2299 website is related to Fallout. Granted it could be a big hoax, but since Fallout New Vegas came out a while ago and Skyrim isn't exactly new either, it's about time for a new Fallout.
isn't it just a link? anyone can post a link, right? but i have a feeling it's legit anyway

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in