mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 11-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

rumored fallout 4 intro audio

here we go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b853WHhlMuM
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Working hard

CCM Fan
God please be real!!! I really hope Bethesda makes this one cause New Vegas wasn't that great.
Fatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Terminus Est

AWESOME !!

cant wait
SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Stick Feed Aficionado

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Nuclear Winter in 6 days!

Feedback
PathFinders Paintball Team
Kraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraus View Post
nuclear winter in 6 days!

what does the morse code say
Old 11-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Stick Feed Aficionado

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
what does the morse code say
From here:

Survivor 2299 (AKA Fallout 4): What We Know So Far

Quote:
"ZL QRNE FVFGRE. V'Z URNQVAT GB GUR VAFGVGHGR. TBQ XABJF JUNG UNCCRARQ GB GUVF CYNPR ABJ. GUVF BYQ ONFGNEQ JVYY URYC HF. UR ZHFG URYC HF. 0321"
Once these letters were deciphered (using a Caesar cipher, apparently, I don't know if that's relevant) they translated to:

"MY DEAR SISTER. I'M HEADING TO THE INSTITUTE. GOD KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE NOW. THIS OLD BASTARD WILL HELP US. HE MUST HELP US. 0321"
THE INSTITUTE.

In case you don't remember, The Institute is a location which has been mentioned before within the Fallout series, both in Fallout: New Vegas, and Fallout 3 (where I suspect it was introduced specifically to follow up on this time around).

The Institute lies within the Commonwealth, which, pre-war, was known as Massachusetts. The Institute itself has been around since before the war, at which point is was know by the name "Massachusetts Institute of Technology." Robert House attended there in the Fallout lore, apparently.

The Commonwealth, from what we know of it so far, has been portrayed as one of the harshest areas in the world, even by Fallout standards. Irradiated, destroyed, ravaged by raiders and various factions vying for control, it's a brutal place. The one exception to this, however, is The Institute, which is under strict martial law, and which uses sentient, true A.I. androids as slave labor, but which is nonetheless safe for those who are able to get into it.

The Institute was mentioned in Fallout 3 during the quest "The Replicated Man," as a scientist from the Institute, Doctor Zimmer, and his bodyguard hired the Lone Wanderer to track down an escaped android for them. During this quest the Lone Wanderer encountered a member of another faction who had come from the Commonwealth, Victoria Watts. Watts was a member of "The Railroad," who, inspired by the real-life underground railroad, smuggled enslaved androids away from the controls of their masters, to safety.

So here's what we can gather so far. Survivor 2299, which is most likely Fallout 4, will almost certainly take place in the Commonwealth, among the wreckage of Boston and the surrounding areas, and will likely feature heavily both the Institute and the Railroad within its main storyline (if I had to guess you'll probably be able to choose which to side with, but that's my own inference, no more). The player character will also probably be referred to as "The Survivor," likely after "surviving" some sort of catastrophe during the game's prologue (I'm taking bets on whether the disaster will be set in a vault, my money is on "yes"), and the game will be set in 2299, 18 years after Fallout: New Vegas (which, itself, was set four years after Fallout 3).

Also of note is that it seems Three Dog will have found himself in the Commonwealth by the start of Fallout 4, as the actor confirmed almost a year ago that he's been doing voice acting for the new game.

So, Survivor 2299. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN! CHOO-CHOO!

Edit: There was also a "leak" this past Spring where a supposed Bethesda employee let the internet know that Fallout 4 would be set in Boston... I hesitate to even mention it though, because the whole thing was super sketchy, and the smart money has been on Fallout 4 being set in Boston literally since The Commonwealth was introduced in Fallout 3.

Feedback
PathFinders Paintball Team
Kraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
If that's NOT real, whoever did it did a very good job. Ballroom type music (with a sad/hindsight tone) goes slightly staticy, then come the horns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
God please be real!!! I really hope Bethesda makes this one cause New Vegas wasn't that great.
I liked New Vegas more, but I think it was only because of some of the tweaks that were done. I played both games a few times and enjoyed them equally. After the first time, I tried to be the 'bad guy', but I just couldn't keep doing that for very long. I did eventually get rid of just about everyone, but went back and forth on it quite a bit.

Right now, I have nothing that could play a next gen/modern game. This is a title I could see myself buying hardware for. I was really hoping they would have it out before the 360's days were over, but oh well.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
I liked New Vegas more, but I think it was only because of some of the tweaks that were done. I played both games a few times and enjoyed them equally. After the first time, I tried to be the 'bad guy', but I just couldn't keep doing that for very long. I did eventually get rid of just about everyone, but went back and forth on it quite a bit.

Right now, I have nothing that could play a next gen/modern game. This is a title I could see myself buying hardware for. I was really hoping they would have it out before the 360's days were over, but oh well.
i liked new vegas more because all the dc buildings felt the same. it was a little repetitive even though i understand they want every important building represented.

and definitely buy a pc. the mod community will go crazy just like skyrim. i bought 3 for ps3 but was much happier with new vegas on computer
Old 11-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Baghead

http://thesurvivor2299.com/radio/lon...39ac559777.mp3

The audio file is called "longfellow-52939ac559777.mp3" if it matters.

Maybe the file name is referencing Henry Wadsworth Longfellow? He did spend quite some time in Massachusetts, or the Commonwealth in Fallout lore.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
If that's NOT real, whoever did it did a very good job. Ballroom type music (with a sad/hindsight tone) goes slightly staticy, then come the horns...

Quote:
i liked new vegas more because all the dc buildings felt the same. it was a little repetitive even though i understand they want every important building represented.

and definitely buy a pc. the mod community will go crazy just like skyrim. i bought 3 for ps3 but was much happier with new vegas on computer

Plus, don't forget all the mods to incorporate new vegas' new features into FO3

Made the game infinitely more repayable (even after beating it a bunch and modding it to hell)

I really really REALLY hope theres a new engine underlying this game.... the gamebryo engine is kinda klunky, creation was a step in the right direction but still was meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in