mcarterbrown.com
 

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
CCM Photographer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011

CCM Fan
Warframe?

Has anyone tried this? Looks like a co-op third person shooter / hack n slash with some RPG elements like levels, gear, raids, bosses, and random level generation. Also F2P on steam with optional cash shop but everything can be earned in game from what I've read..

Anyone know if this is any good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsOgrkdLHD8
__________________
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hates the Media
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Watertown, MA

Fan of EMR
I have, put several hours into it. It reminded me of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer quite a bit. I liked the gameplay and concept, but the game really needs better menu layouts and directions for objectives. Still a fun game. Controls are solid, and you can pick between a few different suits. it's not impossible, but faster paced than Mass Effect 3, so trying to learn while keeping up with the party is difficult initially. Once you learn the ropes, it is a non issue.
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
CCM Photographer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
I have, put several hours into it. It reminded me of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer quite a bit. I liked the gameplay and concept, but the game really needs better menu layouts and directions for objectives. Still a fun game. Controls are solid, and you can pick between a few different suits. it's not impossible, but faster paced than Mass Effect 3, so trying to learn while keeping up with the party is difficult initially. Once you learn the ropes, it is a non issue.
Agreed on everything ..

The first thing I thought of was Mass Effect 3 multiplayer so I thought I'd give it a try. So far it's pretty solid and a fun shooter. There's a bit of a learning curve and the game doesn't really explain a whole lot ( still in Beta ) but once you get going it gets much easier.

The only issue I have at the moment is it's very easy to lose track of mission objectives and team members. More times than not I've found myself guarding a choke point just to find out that the objective had moved and my team members halfway across the map.

Currently running an Ember Prime with a bow and glaive.
__________________
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/
 
JLuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lafayette, La

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I liked it, played before the last update. Not sure if mission changed or what but it got repetitive very quickly.
__________________
Feedback


I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Keys_JR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009

Keep in mind it is only a beta still and as such is still very very buggy.

I'm enjoying my Mag Prime and Nova and just cooked my Volt. Getting mastery levels is mildly annoying since there are so few weapons that aren't terrible.
__________________
My Feedback
Keys_JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
CCM Photographer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys_JR View Post
Keep in mind it is only a beta still and as such is still very very buggy.

I'm enjoying my Mag Prime and Nova and just cooked my Volt. Getting mastery levels is mildly annoying since there are so few weapons that aren't terrible.

I use a Sikarus Prime pistol, Glaive Prime melee, and Cronus bow. Bows are fun but horribly underpowered compared to assault rifles that can waste an entire room in half a mag. Haven't tried shotguns or snipers yet but there's a couple I want.

Hows Nova and Volt? They were my other two choices for ranged AOE along with Ember. I may work on getting the schematics for those two or just trade my Rhino for it.
__________________
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Keys_JR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
I use a Sikarus Prime pistol, Glaive Prime melee, and Cronus bow. Bows are fun but horribly underpowered compared to assault rifles that can waste an entire room in half a mag. Haven't tried shotguns or snipers yet but there's a couple I want.

Hows Nova and Volt? They were my other two choices for ranged AOE along with Ember. I may work on getting the schematics for those two or just trade my Rhino for it.
Way too many void runs you have done!

Snipers are high damage for single targets at long range. Shotties are high damage for single targets at close range. Really, ARs are the way to go currently in the game. What sentinel do you run? I've built a carrier and I love it, not having to run around picking everything up is great! I use a Latron Prime, Dual Vastos/Ballistica and Dual Zoren/Galatine. Dual Zoren are my favorite for the hilarious bug that makes you go flying through the air when performing a spin attack in the air.

Nova is tons of fun, huge AOE damage, especially with Max Stretch. I haven't played Volt yet, really busy with school ATM and I enjoy Mag way to much to stop playing with her yet.

On another note, the only things behind the pay wall are Weapon/Warframe slots, colours and Sentinel Cosmetic mods. Basically the ability to have many weapons and frames and to make you look like a pretty pretty space princess.

EDIT: KeysorSozer is my username.
__________________
My Feedback
Keys_JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
CCM Photographer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011

CCM Fan
I'm using the Deth Cube. I don't know how well it compares to the others but I saw the name and had to have it. It's great at *vaporizing* anything that tries to sneak up from behind as well as killing anything I might miss in melee.

I've found most of the stuff in the store is obtainable through loot and trade. The stuff that isn't, and has to be bought with platinum, can still be gotten for "free" if you sell stuff on the Warframe trade channel. I haven't found anything worth selling but I've seen some stuff sell for enough platinum to buy a Warframe or two.

Edit:

CCMgamer is my Warframe name.

Also.. Split Chamber mod on a bow is freakin' awesome. 90% chance to fire two arrows goodness.
__________________

Last edited by CCM Photographer; 12-01-2013 at 02:12 AM.
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Turbografx 16 Addict
 
Steven_Spinosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Floriderp
Send a message via AIM to Steven_Spinosa

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I have a lot of fun playing it. Everything glows. Everything. It's a little hard to follow sometimes, but thankfully, blindly executing the sliding spin slash helps me get through those bits.
Steven_Spinosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
CCM Photographer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven_Spinosa View Post
I have a lot of fun playing it. Everything glows. Everything. It's a little hard to follow sometimes, but thankfully, blindly executing the sliding spin slash helps me get through those bits.
Things do get a bit hectic when everyone starts firing off their abilities.. Sure looks great though. When in doubt I always fall back to sliding into a somersault and using World on Fire while in the air. Usually kills everything in the room and the next one over..
__________________
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC