mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 12-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Neverwinter

Anyone try this yet? It's a free-to-play MMO I saw on Steam. I played through the intro and it wasn't bad and judging by the requirements to play the game you don't need an amazing computer either.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

I played through to almost the end game with the wizard class earlier this year when it went into open beta and although the game is beautiful with some really breathtaking sights, the gameplay and questing got repetitive quickly. the user generated content was often more fun than the storyline quests. I haven't touched it in over 6-8 months, im sure they have fixed a lot of things since then but I have lacked the time or inclination to see.

GHPBOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
It's developed by Cryptic Studios and published by Perfect World International. Probably the worst pair I can think of. Repetitive and money grabby cash shop like their other games.
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHPBOwner View Post
I played through to almost the end game with the wizard class earlier this year when it went into open beta and although the game is beautiful with some really breathtaking sights, the gameplay and questing got repetitive quickly. the user generated content was often more fun than the storyline quests. I haven't touched it in over 6-8 months, im sure they have fixed a lot of things since then but I have lacked the time or inclination to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
It's developed by Cryptic Studios and published by Perfect World International. Probably the worst pair I can think of. Repetitive and money grabby cash shop like their other games.
This.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
I'll shoot myself anyway

The game is ok. It's not really an MMORPG as I would have liked. More like a MMO version of Gauntlet. I still have it installed, but haven't logged on in a while. You can get to End-Game stuff without spending a dime, however, it is designed to make money via micro-transactions which can grab you if you decide to go in on them. Where it excels is the "Foundry" which allows you to create your own "modules". Some of the user created content is much better than the studio developed content, and some is just plain stupid. If you want a hack-n-slash type of game to spend some time on, you will probably enjoy it. Other than that, as others have stated, it does get repetitive.
Get a taste of religion: lick a Baptist!
WebFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

i have tried it. but it was from gog games. also you have to make sure you set it so reads window xp. thou.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in