mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 09-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #101 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Just sunk 2hrs of just doing patrols on Earth and went from lvl 10 to a shade under 12 on my Titan. Loving the Titan class and it suits my play style better than the others. I thought the worlds were a little small at first but if you really get out and explore they are massive. I found plenty of spots I can't go yet with enemies immune to my attacks and found several gold chests and a bunch of hidden stuff. They really reward the exploration. I love how I can be exploring one second and then see two guys trying to take down a tank and decide to join the fray. Awesomeness.

Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #102 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
So here's a interesting little tid bit on grinding.

I was in the lower levels part of earth grinding out some bounties, 3 to be exact. I sat where the busted up helicopters and the hive spire thing. Running between the three spawns. I was trying to get the 2 Fusion rifle kills at a time 20 times, use my super to kill 3 enemies at one 20 times, and kill 10 hive mega/ultra kills (behind the helicopters there's a ledge with a level 18 knight).
After a few runs, something scrolled across the bottom...can't remember exactly what it said. But it went from some acolytes, dreg, vandals...the usual low level stuff, to MULTIPLE knights, MULTIPLE witches, dregs with the knight cannon, the invisible vandals, and crazy overshield witches. They were not low level NPC's. They didn't even act like high level enemies, they were worse. The AI went into over drive or something lol.

Then, I see two level 8's and a level 7 wander into it...and got slaughtered, multiple times. I feel bad about that last part, but it was freakin' awesome. Looked like a speedball match with how many shots were in the air lol.
Current Collection: Azodin KP3 - GOG Enmey - AGD ULE Mag - Bob Long Defiant - Empire Axe - AM-P Illusion - Tippmann 68 Carbine - Tippmann SL 68 II - ICD Promaster - Tippmann 98 Custom (x2) - Smart Parts Ion (x2) - System X Type X
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:19 PM   #103 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

hard drive?

I just got my son a 360 ver of destiny. It saying he needs a x box hard drive. why can't I use an existing hard drive and if not how big a one does he need?

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical,
Liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Do we find the cost of freedom
Buried in the ground
Mother Earth will swallow you
Lay your body down
lyrics-crosby-stills-nash
Runamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #104 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachen View Post
So here's a interesting little tid bit on grinding.

I was in the lower levels part of earth grinding out some bounties, 3 to be exact. I sat where the busted up helicopters and the hive spire thing. Running between the three spawns. I was trying to get the 2 Fusion rifle kills at a time 20 times, use my super to kill 3 enemies at one 20 times, and kill 10 hive mega/ultra kills (behind the helicopters there's a ledge with a level 18 knight).
After a few runs, something scrolled across the bottom...can't remember exactly what it said. But it went from some acolytes, dreg, vandals...the usual low level stuff, to MULTIPLE knights, MULTIPLE witches, dregs with the knight cannon, the invisible vandals, and crazy overshield witches. They were not low level NPC's. They didn't even act like high level enemies, they were worse. The AI went into over drive or something lol.

Then, I see two level 8's and a level 7 wander into it...and got slaughtered, multiple times. I feel bad about that last part, but it was freakin' awesome. Looked like a speedball match with how many shots were in the air lol.
Haha that last part happened to me!! It said something about how the Hive and Fallen were fighting each other and then boom giant bad guys that were rediculous. It took me so long to get though it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:07 PM   #105 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
I just got my son a 360 ver of destiny. It saying he needs a x box hard drive. why can't I use an existing hard drive and if not how big a one does he need?
I think the install is 5.51gb so you will need that much or more space open to run it, I think there is also a couple compatibility packs you will need. I am glad i upgraded my 4gb Slim with a 300gb HD last year or I wouldn't be playing much of anything. All games now seem to need 5+ gb of data to run anymore.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:29 PM   #106 (permalink)
Buying Bankruptcy Kits

Oh gosh. So having done the moon strike mission I have to say that was time consuming. I can only imagine what the high level raids are going to be like. Hours of headaches... after 3 tries, we finally took down Phogoth the untamed, with only two guardians. One bailed after the first failure.

Also noticed that if you find a nice hidey-hole, don't use it. The devs programmed something to prevent you from sitting back shielded and camping against a strike boss. I'll let you find out what happens if you're so inclined.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:26 AM   #107 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
Oh gosh. So having done the moon strike mission I have to say that was time consuming. I can only imagine what the high level raids are going to be like. Hours of headaches... after 3 tries, we finally took down Phogoth the untamed, with only two guardians. One bailed after the first failure.

Also noticed that if you find a nice hidey-hole, don't use it. The devs programmed something to prevent you from sitting back shielded and camping against a strike boss. I'll let you find out what happens if you're so inclined.
That stupid spinning thing got me once in the room you enter in... I went down twice, and had to revive my team mates a grand total of *drumroll* 62 times...

That boss was ****ing hard as ****.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:55 AM   #108 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Yeah the Shrieker. Perfect anti camping device. That strike was very hard! I just got a bounty to go kill that thing again and abandoned it. Maybe after I level up some more, but once today is enough!

Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:22 AM   #109 (permalink)
Buying Bankruptcy Kits

Must...stop....questing...
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:35 AM   #110 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I am on Xbox 360, same name as here if anyone wants to add me.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in