mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 08-08-2017, 10:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirad View Post
That is a nice build! Sadly there isn't one nearby. I'll see where the closest one is. Appreciate it! Never heard of them till now.
Microcenter is awesome! Great customer service, excellent price matching (including online), and great selection.

I ended up buying most of my parts for my build there. The build Scottybeans posted is pretty close to a build it yourself price already built.

Get a 1080, there are quite a few games that are pretty demanding, especially with the price drop in high res monitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
what version of windows do you plan on running.. the new Kaby Lake 7th gen processors do NOT work with windows 7 windows update without futzing with a few things to bypass the processor "lock" microsoft put in place

ryzen is going to have the same issue, hope you like windows 10, microsoft isn't giving you a choice
Windows 10 is better then 7 for gaming, and Microsoft will be not supporting skylake on Win 7 in 2 years. DX12 is a massive improvement (finally takes advantage of multiple cores, threads, and GPU's) and it only runs in Windows 10.

Vulkan is really good as well and you have that available for Win7, but Doom is the only game that i know of that takes advantage of Vulkan.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Legal Eagle

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Vulkan is amazing

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Windows 10 also required for latest direct x support so its kinda what you gotta do.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:51 AM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
The crazy thing with Vulkan is how efficient it is. I run Windows Server 2016 on my gaming PC and if you keep the power setting on default rather then performance it caps your proc at around 1ghz.

I never thought to change this setting, so Doom w/ Vulkan ran perfectly totally maxed out, all my other games ran like ****, including Doom w/ DirectX.

Vulcan was able to distribute the workload off of 4 cores and 8 threads running at 1ghz to deliver the same performance DirectX 12 needed my proc running up to 4ghz for.

I think Vulkan might be AMD's saving grace if enough games support it. Even the Zen series of procs still lag behind Intel in architecture (not by much), but dollar for core/thread they can't be beat. Unfortunately hardly anything supports Vulkan.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Doom is an open gl game and runs amazing on everything because Michael is the best person alive.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Old 08-09-2017, 04:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
I see dead people

CCM Fan
Check Xidax. I had them build me one last year and I love it. They also offer a lifetime warranty on a lot of the parts.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:47 PM   #27 (permalink)
On Wife Support

I have had 3 IBuyPower machines with no problems at all. The only reason I stopped buying from them is I build my own now, and can save a few hundred bucks.
PsychoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by theangrydragon View Post
Microcenter is awesome! Great customer service, excellent price matching (including online), and great selection.

I ended up buying most of my parts for my build there. The build Scottybeans posted is pretty close to a build it yourself price already built.

Get a 1080, there are quite a few games that are pretty demanding, especially with the price drop in high res monitors.

Windows 10 is better then 7 for gaming, and Microsoft will be not supporting skylake on Win 7 in 2 years. DX12 is a massive improvement (finally takes advantage of multiple cores, threads, and GPU's) and it only runs in Windows 10.

Vulkan is really good as well and you have that available for Win7, but Doom is the only game that i know of that takes advantage of Vulkan.
oh im not saying there is anything wrong with 10, i don't mind it.. hough i still prefer 7 in a few ways (namely the lack of advertising in my start menu)

i brought it up just so OP was aware that you can no longer have the newest hardware and expect to run 7

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

You can disable the stuff in ten.

It's just like how Vista sucked. Revised ten will presumably be better.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:57 PM   #30 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
https://www.howtogeek.com/269331/how...n-advertising/

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in