mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 10-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party of A-5 View Post
Well you are the gunner, it would be extremly unrealistic to have you control the plane.
But yea, I loved that level. Just shows you that the airforce still rules the world.
But to not be able to give some input to the pilot is not correct either. You get to your location, have a target, but can't aim at it because you're just "the gunner". That doesn't seem like good teamwork to me.

I'd just have liked to be able to tell the pilot something like "please swing a slightly wider arc", "could you please come back around to the same place asap". Stuff like that.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Like that old WWII flight sim where you could be any position of the B-17.

Towards the very end of that mission you can't hit the guys on the hill if you didn't know about them ahead of time. Fortunately when I did it on vet I was paying attention and got them before they were unreachable because of the arc...just like you said.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Or the tanker level. I don't think it's possible to get on the helicopter ahead of your teammates.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
MQ2 Pumper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason518 View Post
I know im a couple years behind the times, but man, what an awesome game! I could play the AC-130 level over and over again.

I recently completed it too... on the easiest level. Finding all the enemy intel laptops was fun and frustrating at the same time. Unlocking the cluster grenade and unlimited ammo cheat was worth it. There's nothing like grenade spamming. Reminds me of being the demoman on TFC before they capped his grenades from four to two.

I've got XBOX Live. Multiplayer is very challenging, because it's very easy to die in just 1-2 hits. I like it better than Counter Strike.

I got the beta for COD5, which I think is even harder, but just as fun.
mxmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason518 View Post
Could you imagine being on the receiving end of that thing?

<plop>
Look it up on youtube, they have some actual combat footage.
Guys just disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiba-Kun View Post
But to not be able to give some input to the pilot is not correct either. You get to your location, have a target, but can't aim at it because you're just "the gunner". That doesn't seem like good teamwork to me.

I'd just have liked to be able to tell the pilot something like "please swing a slightly wider arc", "could you please come back around to the same place asap". Stuff like that.
That would be nice, but honestly it would be a ****ing nightmare to program!
That level probably gave them more then enough trouble anyways.
What I love doing in that level is firing the 105 then chasing the enemy to where it's going to hit with the 25mm machine gun while waiting for it to hit.
Priceless!
Dance fools, dance!

EDIT-
LiveLeak.com - AC130 wreaking havoc on Taliban
LiveLeak.com - AC130 vs 4 Insurgents (Graphic)
LiveLeak.com - AC130 attack in Iraq
Don't watch if you don't

Last edited by Party; 10-17-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

^ Oh sure, I agree! You're basically just along for the ride and you make do with what the game gives you. Ditto for when you're the door gunner on the airbourne insertions.

I was just expressing a wish, that's all that was.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

BTW: which scenarios did you folks enjoy more? The SAS levels or the American levels?

I gotta think about it for awhile since it's been some months since I've played through the game, but right now I think I liked the SAS levels.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Hard to say. Mostly the SAS levels.
My all time favorite in the game were (correct me if I get the names wrong) Rolling thunder when you are following the tank through the city, Countdown (love the setting of the old Soviet missile base), the one where you are moving in on the city in the helicopter right before the blast and obviously Death from Above, the one this thread is about.
Very, very solid game overall just those stood out for me.
Anyone else notice just how many sniping opertnities they put into this game?
They know the fans of the series love it.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah, the missle silo level was pretty intense considering you got the clock ticking down your time.

I loved looking over the edge of the cliff when you blow the powerlines up!

On the hardest setting, the flashback scenario with your sniper mentor was pretty tough too. I had to use a slightly cheap tactic to finish the last portion where you're waiting for the evac helicopter to come get you.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

What was that?
See that part gave me the most trouble out of any part of the game. I died many, many times tryin to fend off wave after wave,
I just ended up backing myself into a corner with a G3 and an Ak and trying to dodge all the nades.
That way at least only one guy could get at me at a time.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in