mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 10-18-2008, 10:27 AM   #21 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
You gotta go inside the little shack near the ferris wheel. You crouch down, and only move out when they throw a nade inside it lol.

Or go on the right side of the buildings. There's a nice little nook you can hide in, and take out all the guys running up the middle, and get the few stragglers when the helicopter comes.

I still can't get past the level where you start out in the helicopter with the auto-grenade launcher. I always end up dying right before I'm even able to get out of the helicopter.
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

CoD4 was the best war movie I've ever seen.

Which is pretty impressive, considering it's a video game. Seriously, you could release a movie that's just CoD4's campaign, and it'd be up there with stuff like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers.

Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
With a rifle in your hands and you're falling through the sky,
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Nothing says "violent and insane" like sharpening a shotgun.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #23 (permalink)
Batteries Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
CoD4 was the best war movie I've ever seen.

Which is pretty impressive, considering it's a video game. Seriously, you could release a movie that's just CoD4's campaign, and it'd be up there with stuff like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers.
Haha! I felt HORRIBLE when the marine character and Captain Price died!

MCB Feedback- http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party View Post
I think he has an exellent point.
However I think we can all agree that putting five balls on someones face from a full run with a pgp takes the most skill of all.
Why is it considered luck when I put 5 balls on your face from a full run with my Ego, but skill when you shoot me in the back when I walk by the bush you've been hiding in for an hour with a pgp?
Jason518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
For gits and shiggles

For the ferris wheel part, I planted the leader up on the left hand side, laid a bunch of claymores in the park area, then put myself up on the ferris wheel platform .. I think I was playing on normal, and it got pretty dicy even still.

I think my favorite level was the one with the SAS when you crash in the helicopter and have to sneak around the fields dodging the search helicopter. But that could just be because I played it almost exclusively with the 1911.

I'm surprised there's no love for the .50cal snipe minigame, that was oodles of fun.

damn, I need to replay this game.
Mon - Fri 11:00am - 11:05am (closed between 11:01 and 11:04 for lunch)
Sat - Sun 12:30pm - 12:31pm (weather dependant)
hank_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank_k View Post
I'm surprised there's no love for the .50cal snipe minigame, that was oodles of fun.
What mini game? Is it hidden?
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachen View Post
What mini game? Is it hidden?
No he means the part were your trying to hit Zakhaev.
Now that was a challenge, especially on Veteran.

I remember the first time I played through the game- the first level when your in the helicopter going towards the ship I just could not get over the character or Cpt.Price and how badass they made him in this game.
Gaz was also awesome.

Just such a solid game overall, some parts get the adrenalin pumping harder then most all other games i've played, even just thinking about them now.
Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #27 (permalink)

While waiting for the evac. helicopter in the sniper mission the only way I found to finish it on the hardest difficulty was to run into the area with the bumber cars. If you head all the way to the end (closest to the enemy) by the wall and fence and crouch there than they can't get you with grenades because they just land on the otherside of the wall. The fence offers good protection from enemy fire but you just need to watch out for guys sneaking up behind you during the very last strech.
{Drake} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
The last 20 is obviously mile high club and I don't feel like trying to get it. I don't really care that much.
Strangely enough, Mile High Club was the first Veteran-difficulty level that I finished. After I did that one, I started playing through the beginning. Some parts are so annoying that I just kinda give up and come back to it months later.
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
This is Madness!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank_k View Post
For the ferris wheel part, I planted the leader up on the left hand side, laid a bunch of claymores in the park area, then put myself up on the ferris wheel platform .. I think I was playing on normal, and it got pretty dicy even still.

I think my favorite level was the one with the SAS when you crash in the helicopter and have to sneak around the fields dodging the search helicopter. But that could just be because I played it almost exclusively with the 1911.

damn, I need to replay this game.
I beat that level by sniping the heli-troops as they fastrope. Just aim for the door, and once the first one comes out they all follow in the same tempo. I only missed two or three total. With the claymores it was a piece of cake.

I played the .50 cal minigame over and over and over. I had it down so that I hit Zakahaev in the head right as he steps into view, but his arm just falls off and he rolls out of sight. bummers. It's also fun to snipe the fleeing troops for a couple seconds while the heli comes.
thisissparta is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in