mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 06-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Free Man

Guild Wars Players

So... whats your name and what do you play? =]
I myself have had the game for a while, but never got into because I played WoW with so many friends... near the end of BC and beginning of WotLK I quit, and last Sunday found Guild Wars and played my old level 7 dervish... now I'm level 20. Much more focused on the casual IMO. Anyways...

Campaigns: Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall... hopefully Eye of the North soon.
Characters:
-Reaper Driek D/E 20
-Amantius Alectis A/E 11
-Akantius Solus E/M 5

I'm looking for people to hang with... this cast is gonna kill me... btw I probably shouldn't be walking yet, but I can now! Doctor on monday... /facepalm.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

I tried out their trial and liked it a lot, just can't commit any time to it (or any of my other hobbies) in the near future as the gov't has me rabbiting around the state for most of the rest of the year. And if I ever thunk cold hard cash down for an MMO, GW would be my first choice, as I like the fact that you don't pay a monthly fee to play. While I admire what WoW has done (tried their free trial as well), I just can't see myself paying $15+ a month to play any video game. If my schedule ever clears up and I start playing GW (and I'll drag the wife along as well, she likes these type of games), I'll come looking for you.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I played awhile back, it was till free then and I pretty much quit because of latency and all the runescape spam.

I hear you have to pay now so maybe that did a good job of cutting down on the spam. Anyone?
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
GW is still free for me.

I forgot what my user name is, so i'll post it up once i log on at home, but the only thing is play is prophercy.
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Free Man

GW does NOT have a monthly fee. However you must purchase the game retail or online in order to play. Same will be for GW2.

I also play LOTRO now, my friend picked it up and bribed me to play with a couple of game cards.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

AKA Fan
I started playing GW1 again after a two year hiatus, and with GW2 coming out August 28th I figured Id revive this thread. Any players on MCB now?
Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

i used to love guild wars the first year it was out, it got super gay with all the new expansions completely nerfed the game, I do have some super rare items like mana swords non fighting chars could equipt. The pvp used to be killer tho back in the day I was in the top rated guild rated #1 for HoH and GvG called (michael jacksons little boys)

But im holding out for GW2 I really hope it will be how the first GW was when it was first released.
stolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

AKA Fan
GW has made a polar switch from PvP to PvE. I dont really mind, as I never got into the tournaments, and all that stuff. PvP is still around. Im not sure if you played Factions any, but AB is pretty much dead now, and Jade Quarry/ Fort Aspenwood is where most Alliance based PvP goes on. The stuff in the Great Temple of Balthazar still seems pretty active though.
Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
I wanted to love this game.. I own the box set, and play when I am bored. I just started playing it late last year and finding a group to play with was fairly hard.. I think the lack of helpful people ruined it for me.
and honestly I don't have the time to invest into mmorpg's anymore.
But I do miss ultima online..
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirkle68 View Post
I wanted to love this game.. I own the box set, and play when I am bored. I just started playing it late last year and finding a group to play with was fairly hard.. I think the lack of helpful people ruined it for me.
and honestly I don't have the time to invest into mmorpg's anymore.
But I do miss ultima online..
ultima online ruined my life lol, i was an addict to that 1998-2001. I stopped everything to play that game, stopped hanging with friends, stopped paintball, litteraly stopped going outside. Thank god after 2001 they changed the game pvp it got tottally nerfed, and with the introduction of the facet system it ruined everything that what fun to pvp players. If the game was still the same as it was in 1998 I would still be my moms basement like a crack head.

I do know there are free servers but the population is so low and everyone using 3rd party macro systems its not the same as it once was.
stolz is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in