mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 12-23-2006, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to eric

Thumbs down yay! my computers screwed(with some proper thinking ive fixed it)

yeah so i boot it up like normal everything comes up to the login screen i login and then nothing....i just get the picture for the background i had cant right click or anything just move the mouse and bring up task manager

ive booted it in safe mode and i still have the same problem and its a pain because i need stuff off it before i reformat it very important stuff at that
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
yeah so i boot it up like normal everything comes up to the login screen i login and then nothing....i just get the picture for the background i had cant right click or anything just move the mouse and bring up task manager

ive booted it in safe mode and i still have the same problem and its a pain because i need stuff off it before i reformat it very important stuff at that
Unless the hard drive is on the way out it isn't so dire. Worst case scenario is that you do a Windows reinstall from CD. As long as you don't select "format partition" in setup it won't delete anything in the c:\documents and settings folder. When you boot it up now, how long are you waiting before rebooting? There's a chance that Windows is error checking your profile during sign on. Give it a half hour just for kicks.
Lrrpie-CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

yes ive fixed it!

i completly missed start in safe mode with command prompt and threw there got the line to run system restore and restored it a couple days back
Old 12-23-2006, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Gotta love system restore. Good news!
Lrrpie-CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

the problem is i dont know what was wrong with it to cause that and thats what bugs me
Old 12-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
No longer a RAP4 dealer

Send a message via AIM to Rap4paintball

Fan of EMR
Sounds like explorer.exe wasn't opening correctly. If you have that problem again try going into task manager, in the processes tab, end task explorer.exe, then on the applications tab click "New task". Then type in explorer.exe (temporary fix, will reload explorer and should bring your icons and task bar back up) . My girlfriend's computer is fruity and does that sometimes (except not on start up, but just randomly at times). She fixed by reinstalling the internet connection.

My Feedback
Rap4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in