mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #7551 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
The dust red looks fantastic.

So did the autotrigger ever get worked out? I know lilshank was saying his does, but does autotrigger consistently and reliably?
I'll test it tomorrow night, I only have an SC feed so I can't say it'll be too successful But with the new hammers the AT seems to be working properly.

Also, the anno is actually a semi-gloss, which was upsetting because when I ordered I was told I couldn't have a gloss because "The company isn't set up for it." I fondled the red, and considering selling mine to get one.

(If anyone wants a working prototype Thumper with an early serial number hit me up )

Quote:
Originally Posted by LU_aDaK View Post
Until the marker we bought works without error, the new systems should be free. The least they can do is give us parts for the beta testing we got tricked into paying for.
Paying half price for the gun, I don't feel tricked. He's still in the process of designing the new detent, but from everything I've seen, it's pretty much a replacement for the entire front end and cocking rods, not exactly something that's a drop-in. The cost he said was "going to probably be around $20" so it won't be much if you decide to spring for the new detents. I probably will not, as I don't really have issue with the current ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeds80 View Post
Hmm...well at least we got the better looking feed tubes (which doesn't mean much since the rest of the gun is several kinds of ugly haha)... It looks like they also changed the anodizing and I believe those guns have the new detent since the nose seems fatter.

Also that video is weird. It's like some strange documentary/ commercial. At least there weren't any "technical things" mentioned.

Edit: "Stock class adapter for a hopper"
I went in on Tuesday and they were filming part of the video when I came in. They're using the same company for anodizing, but it seems a little stronger than the original finish on the prototype/V1 guns. They do have the current version of the new detent system installed, as well as all the new upgrades
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #7552 (permalink)
MCB Member

I haven't been keeping up on this in a while but did they decide what they are going to do about the rusting pistons? last i heard they were going to try some sort of bluing process.
I will have to call again tomorrow i have been asking for a feed tube with no holes in the sides and was previously told they wouldn't be running anymore off for a while. But it looks like they are in full production now.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:40 AM   #7553 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendballer View Post
I haven't been keeping up on this in a while but did they decide what they are going to do about the rusting pistons? last i heard they were going to try some sort of bluing process.
I will have to call again tomorrow i have been asking for a feed tube with no holes in the sides and was previously told they wouldn't be running anymore off for a while. But it looks like they are in full production now.
There is a new piston design using the older material, no rusting issues at all.

As far as feedtubes go, might be able to get one from them now.
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
My Budding Feedback
MCB
Old 01-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #7554 (permalink)
MCB Member

so we have to call to get the new piston or are they sending them out? I spoke to them in the fall about my issues, i sent an email and everything like he asked but i never heard anything back.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #7555 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
If you don't have one then calling him is the best option (you can't always get him, he's either buried in a machine or in a meeting if you can't) and sometimes it takes multiple calls. I'm to the point where I'll just stop by and if his car's at the shop, I'll call and see if he's busy.
Quote:
My Budding Feedback
MCB
Old 01-26-2012, 07:54 AM   #7556 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_516 View Post
Where did you get that anno done?
Factory. After they told me no to olive and black acid wash and yes to black with a silver splash I ended up with black and silver acid wash, which I love so that turned out for the better.

Tradeout Paintball LLC
**Entropy** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #7557 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Its silver in there? I sort of thought it might have had a purple tinge to it.... maybe im color blind...

Can you post another close up? Please.....

WTB PUMPPB TIGHTSTICK. Any finish.
D3adpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #7558 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
When Brian offered the custom anno for the Thumpers he managed to wrestle the name of Mike Cassady's anodizing company from him, thus getting the awesome acid wash finishes on them. Would have sprung for that option had I known
Quote:
My Budding Feedback
MCB
Old 01-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #7559 (permalink)
Guerilla Baller

Ive been out of the loop for a while. Still havent received my thumper yet. I was one of the people that requested a custom anno. Last I heard from them was September. They wanted to confirm that I still wanted a custom anno. Of course, I said, "yes, tell me where to send my money." I havent heard a whisper since. I figured the holiday season wouldve put a damper on the situation, so I waited til january to contact them back. I emailed them twice over the last month but havent received any replies. Plus, I tried calling a few times, but no answer, it goes to voicemail. Then, their mailbox is full, so I cant even leave a message....

frustrated!

Last edited by worldgorger; 01-26-2012 at 02:11 PM.
worldgorger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #7560 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
PM me your name and I'll get in contact with Brian for you.
Quote:
My Budding Feedback
MCB

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers