mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #8281 (permalink)
33 rounds per minute

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilShank View Post
I haven't tried the newest one in the gun I have for repair, so I can't really attest for if this newer o-ring fixes the reg stick issue or not.
I'm gonna wanna say the newest ones are clear in color, very stretchable. prob. cheap japanese.

I swapped out all the reg o-rings with black ones that come in the Eclipse Ego/Geo master o-ring set. The good they don't stretch, the bad they are difficult to put on. After i did that i re-assembled the gun and dry fired 1000psi worth of trigger pulls. after i did that i noticed the shots to sound diffrent, then a gush of air down the bolt, disassembled the gun and saw that the clear orings used on the piston, the front one had rolled out of the groove. Pulled the whole piston out, took out the new orings that were swapped in from metadyne with the same ones from the Eclipse kit. Did another 1000psi dry fire run and it didn't skip a beat. My lubrication was regular dura-lube oil. It is very slick and seem to go threw the gun well without a problem. Hopefully this can be the fix i'm looking for.

Joe D.

I Have FeedBack:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
~spd3~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:31 AM   #8282 (permalink)
camocow200

Im running black o-rings too since i had the same problem with the clear ones rolling on the pistion...We will see....

Ebay, camocow200 (700)+
MCB 275 +
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #8283 (permalink)
Workshop Pumper

That gun pisses me so much off...
I can't understand why the hell can't I manage to play at least one single day without an issue...
The last time I used it, about one month ago, shot a whole tube at the chrony without any issue; "great! see guys?? that sh* works fairly well at all!!!".
Then the game went on, shot 4 balls out of it before it didn't wanted to shoot any more...the hammer striked well but no shot...happilly I had the splat in the back of my harness...
Went back home, unmounted it for cleaning without seeing anything wrong...lubed and remounted it...
Second time out, this week end, mounted the lapco T-stock and bought a gorgeous 16" DW fibur for it, shot 4 tubes at the chrony without any issue "see guys? it shoots f*ing well!"
This time I had the time to play like 3 speedpump games, for around 3 more tubes shot, and hell yeah it worked well! very cool to use, I love the sound and it shoots damn straight; had great hits with it!
After the 3rd tube I just changed the twelvie, and it started leaking when I screwed in the new one...

That's so damn disappointing...

Btw as I'm posting here I must say that I'm not happy with the build quality either; mine has the missing breech o-ring, even a pump rod bushing have been forgot and damn...covering the blue anno blemishes with black marker spots visible from the exterior isn't pro at all...
Even if it feels great, there are some things that could have been done better...
I will contact Methadyne to get the latest updates, the missing parts, and see if they can toss me a kit of stainless screws because rusty steel screws on a 2012 gun doesn't do the trick to me...
Old 06-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #8284 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

There is one missing pump rod bushing on every gun. It's to keep the pump rod from binding.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #8285 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spd3~ View Post
I'm gonna wanna say the newest ones are clear in color, very stretchable. prob. cheap japanese.
Actually when I called him to ask about the problem, he said "yeah it's the old cheap chinese o-ring, I've got a newer one for you to put on" and the one he gave me is black in color.
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #8286 (permalink)
33 rounds per minute

CCM Fan
Ahhhh, Seems like the decision was changed within the last 2 weeks or so about that to use black. Either way it is progress.

I Have FeedBack:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
~spd3~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #8287 (permalink)
dragshank

Still waiting for mine to get here, paid an extra $25 to get it bead blasted, maybe today or the day after, or never
Old 06-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #8288 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandoman View Post
Still waiting for mine to get here, paid an extra $25 to get it bead blasted, maybe today or the day after, or never
Yep, mine is done, according to Brian. But it has been a while since I heard from him.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #8289 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandoman View Post
C'mon guys this MCB, you'd think at this point, one of our airsmith's would devise a solution to this!
Way back in the thread, a few suggestions were made... Stainless steel hammer and piston assembly, a complete scrapping of the internal regulator and replacement with an external one, and finally a thought about changing the cycle to start refilling the dump chamber earlier, as there is a large amount of shoot down involved when using the suto trigger/moving quickly.

I have a Thumper... It is sittting in a box, in the shop, waiting to be rebuilt... When I have some spare time.

*IF* I can get some of the parts to work better, I will start producing them, but time is not a commodity I have a lot of :/

If someone were to create a drawing/solid model, it would save me the time.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #8290 (permalink)
ur my sister

my auto trigger does nothing, not even cycle the hammer. no biggie for a stock class but don't understand how some can work and some not.

MY FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers