mcarterbrown.com

Old 07-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #8361 (permalink)
MCB Member

Every time I've called him he's answered and helped me out right away. Insane reply time.
Dr. VonDeafingson
I typically carry one extra tube and give them 1 ball from it.

I'm an *** like that.

My Feedback!
vv0mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #8362 (permalink)
SC Ambassador

Send a message via AIM to Ghost334

Brian emailed me back from the precise email address... with a 3 day response time--not too bad. Unfortunately it appears that I need to send the marker in, even though the seller claimed it "has all the updated parts." Oh well.
Ghost334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #8363 (permalink)
Guerilla Baller

Send a message via AIM to red army

I emailed him at the precise email and he replied back within hours. Now just hoping he shipped out the piston as quickly as he replied to the email :/
red army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #8364 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
Took mine apart today and noticed that there are bushings in 3 of the four guide holes for the pump arms. The one in the back right (sighting down the gun) isn't there. Looking at CD's manual, it isn't there either. Am I missing a bushing or is it not supposed to be there?

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #8365 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zondo View Post
Took mine apart today and noticed that there are bushings in 3 of the four guide holes for the pump arms. The one in the back right (sighting down the gun) isn't there. Looking at CD's manual, it isn't there either. Am I missing a bushing or is it not supposed to be there?
Every gun is missing at least one bushing, he was afraid having all four would cause binding and misalignment issues.
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #8366 (permalink)
Post Whore

you're only supposed to have 3 bushings to prevent binding. You're fine :-)

Thunderstruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~FinSec View Post
If it has tits or tires its gonna cause trouble.

Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #8367 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost334 View Post
Brian emailed me back from the precise email address... with a 3 day response time--not too bad. Unfortunately it appears that I need to send the marker in, even though the seller claimed it "has all the updated parts." Oh well.
Hey ghost as far as I know the gun does or did have all of the updated parts at time of sale. I'm thinking he just wants to troubleshoot the gun himself to make sure everythings working right. Up untill I put the new piston in, it worked great. I hope you get it working. I think you'll really like it after you do.
rick_516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #8368 (permalink)
SC Ambassador

Send a message via AIM to Ghost334

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_516 View Post
Hey ghost as far as I know the gun does or did have all of the updated parts at time of sale. I'm thinking he just wants to troubleshoot the gun himself to make sure everythings working right. Up untill I put the new piston in, it worked great. I hope you get it working. I think you'll really like it after you do.
It'll all work out, I'm sure. I was hoping not to have to send it in and wait. I don't think you purposely mislead me or anything... I was just hoping it would be an easy fix haha
Ghost334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #8369 (permalink)
MCB Member

So I have been sitting on 2 thumpers waiting to see that all the bugs are worked out before sending them in. I have a blue one with v1 internals and a custom anno with v3. So can you fill me in on what revision were up to now? I want to run these open class with air I remember that they did not work well with air and I just tried to make the one with the v3 internals work with it and failed so with the new revisions do they work with air yet?

I also freak bore
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2393405

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
tjd10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #8370 (permalink)
Guerilla Baller

Send a message via AIM to red army

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd10684 View Post
So I have been sitting on 2 thumpers waiting to see that all the bugs are worked out before sending them in. I have a blue one with v1 internals and a custom anno with v3. So can you fill me in on what revision were up to now? I want to run these open class with air I remember that they did not work well with air and I just tried to make the one with the v3 internals work with it and failed so with the new revisions do they work with air yet?
A friend of mine finally received his pre-ordered thumper which has all the latest upgrades including the new detent and breech. His piston started bending while using HPA through a remote line. The bend was minor so he was able to bend it back straight and try it with CO2. It seems to be holding up with the CO2 through the remote line but now he's having issues with the small o-ring on the main piston breaking.

Some people seem to have no problems while others are having problems. I'm actually waiting on the new piston to get to me....I think it was sent by pigeon courier. Hopefully it'll work for me but I really doubt it.

If someone made one out of steel I'd buy it in a heartbeat for a reasonable price.

Last edited by red army; 07-09-2012 at 05:47 PM.
red army is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers