mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #8491 (permalink)
ur my sister

just got my replacement valve in and the leak when cocked is gone. here is what i discovered after shooting about 20-25 rounds in my back yard.

used an old WGP stock internal adjustable reg set to just under 300psi since that is what the clippard valve is max pressure rated.

constant air co2 with no shims on the internal reg spring. with the internals all wiped clean except the main piston, it was shooting 270-275 fps with crappy heat field paint in my eigen barrel. hopefully this setup will hold up to test at the field. now as long as it doesn't make me look like a fool at the Old School Challenge this weekend.

MY FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #8492 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

^I'm planning to setup my new/un-used Thumper with a 2L+ reg. In terms of the internal thumper reg, what did you set it at? Initially I figured I'd try removing the middle o-ring on the internal reg and setting it with shims so that it would stay open and not act in any way as a reg, and simply control input pressure with the 2L...

You thoughts?
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #8493 (permalink)
ur my sister

I just started with the internal reg turned all the way back towards the rear on the marker then turned in for velocity

MY FEEDBACK

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
Old 08-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #8494 (permalink)
Release the kraken

I bought one the other day, it's all gen1 internals so it's currently not cooperating. Previous owner tried contacting metadyne for new gen parts, but without getting a response.

What have others done?

Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #8495 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
I bought one the other day, it's all gen1 internals so it's currently not cooperating. Previous owner tried contacting metadyne for new gen parts, but without getting a response.

What have others done?
If it is who I think that it is, it does not surprise me that he got nowhere. At any rate, I can say that I have had success in getting responses when I emailed Sales@PreciseInnovationsLLC.com .
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #8496 (permalink)
ur my sister

my buddy shot my thumper today since he was in town from vegas and it ran like a champ. had to use crappy field paint, empire heat FPO, as the thumper was not liking the evil i had left over from the pump tournament. shot excellent with a 9 oz co2 in bottom line running into a WGP stock reg set at 290 psi. was super quiet with a disruptive 1 piece .678 barrel. i was totally floored how quiet it is on co2. now i just have to run it on a little better paint so he can actually get some kills with it. the field paint was so bad that it was sticking together in the feed tube and chopped one in the breach. first pinched ball for the gun in over a year. probably shot 300 rounds through it since the upgraded internals.

may be something to running it dry. lube the main piston and run everything else with little to no lube and it may work well for you.

MY FEEDBACK

Old 08-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #8497 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

So is there a general consensus that she works better on co2 than hpa? That is, I mean when using an inline reg as you've got it setup joedirt199... I'm still hoping that I can get it working well with my 2L + hpa setup.

Was your tank anti-siphoned? I'd rather avoid swapping out the 2L and hpa tank for a stab and (maybe a/s) co2 tank, but I guess time will tell.

Seems like there have been a lot of different experiences regarding using co2 versus hpa, and that hpa seems to generally not work as well for most than co2

and regarding contact with Metadyne, I've had luck with calling their office (took two calls, a day apart). isn't there another email direct to brian (or whatever his name is)? or is that sale ones the most recent?
Old 08-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #8498 (permalink)
ur my sister

yes mine shoots about 20-30 fps higher on co2 and the tank was anti siphoned. the main reason for the external reg was so that i didn't turn the internal reg in too much and overpressurized the gun valve and jack it up. don't want to have to track down these clippard valves each time one develops a leak.

MY FEEDBACK

Old 08-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #8499 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Gotcha... I'd be interested in trying out a setup using a stab as a first reg and a 2L or SST as the second. Using a/s co2 I mean.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #8500 (permalink)
ur my sister

the more regs you add the more headache you're going to run into. really no need for the 2L as you can't shoot the thumper fast enough to keep up. my stock WGP cheapy reg with internal adjustments worked great. kept the marker shooting from 272-282 fps.

MY FEEDBACK

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers