mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-19-2012, 01:52 AM   #8591 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Love that look regardless. Since I have one blue and one black Thumper I really need to get about switching some of their parts around... Well, only the purely aesthetic ones I mean. Don't wanna cause any trouble, you know?
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #8592 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
I tried to get Brian to build me a red/black mixed Thumper and he told me no
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #8593 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

booooooo!
Old 10-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #8594 (permalink)
Sixfootsix

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Just so many pages, Maybe someone can help me out.
Iam thinking about buying a Thumper, Number 55 to be exact.
It's NIB, Where do i turn to get the new piston and stuff i need to fix problems that "may" occur?

Thanks
Mike

Feedback Youtube Channel
Waylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #8595 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

In my signature there is a link to, while rather long, a post that will give you all the detail on how to "fix" you Thumper.

In terms of the upgraded main piston, I wouldn't go that route. First of all, with the main fix mentioned in that post I mentioned (that is, using an inline reg to keep the input to the thumper below 300psi), you won't need to upgrade your main piston. By keeping the pressure below 300psi, there is very very little chance that it will break (one of my thumper's uses the original piston, the other the second or third gen, and with inline regs on both of them keeping the input at 250-275psi I've had zero problems over more than 10k shots).

But more importantly, getting the most recent main piston upgrade requires sending your Thumper back to Metadyne which can take 3-18 months. Who wants to wait that long? Horror stories my friend, horror stories. Although the older model piston don't require Metadyne to mod the internal of your specific Thumper, you would still need to get in touch and order one from them, if they even have any, which will also take a lot of time.

My advice: setup some reg to ensure the input doesn't go above 290-300psi and follow the other advice in that post I mentioned. If, and it is very unlikely, you have any problems with your piston (e.g. it breaks in half), then you can deal with Metadyne. Or better yet, setup your Thumper as I suggest with a reg and whatever piston you're using atm, and go ahead an place an order with Metadyne for one of their older (e.g. not the most recent) pistons (again, they might not have any more or are unwilling to send you an old one). You can't just order the newest one because it's not a drop in upgrade and they have to mill your thumper's piston housing to get it to work.

BTW, that link I mentioned is called "Fall in Love With Your [Working] Thumper All Over Again!"

If they give you a hard time, tell them you're from Sweden and don't want to send your marker to their shop in the US for the most recent piston upgrade requiring some internal modification to the gun. Tell them that your original piston broke and that you need them to ship you another piston, just not the one requiring machine work, because you (again) live in Sweden and don't want to ship the gun halfway around the world. That would probably work Worst case scenario they don't send you a piston, but with an inline reg this almost certainly won't be a problem because you piston won't malfunction. Hopefully they'll send you either a different model piston or another of the same version currently in your Thumper and you'll have that as a backup should the worst happen.

Last edited by toymachine; 10-23-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #8596 (permalink)
Ebay, camocow200

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilShank View Post
I tried to get Brian to build me a red/black mixed Thumper and he told me no
I have a feeling that some parts are hand fitted..I tried to completly interchange both the raw and dust black Thumpers and diddnt get very far..The front block/ breach assy would not interchange at all..The pins were way off...

WTF,why would i trade for that?

Ebay, camocow200 (1100+) + 100% positive feedback
MCB 290 pos feedback

"Mar" bro: welcome to the forum, super nice marker - hopeful for your sale.
"stargazer" It's ma'am actually, not bro.
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #8597 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Absolutely. I've found that some parts will fit and look like they fit but when aired up things go all wrong. Still though, fix everything up, then ano different parts diff colours. I can dream...
Old 10-24-2012, 03:35 AM   #8598 (permalink)
Asphincter Says What?

For those who have been educated on this thread about the workings, or lack there of, with Metadyne I would urge you to form your own opinion. I for one know a little more about the dealings of this company and those behind the scenes. I think the story and misconceptions about issues with this marker are a little sharp. Without going into a lot of detail, if you're looking to have issues with the marker addressed just give Brian a email. SEND THEM TO: precise@preciseinnovationsllc.com

He will respond to you, just keep in mind that he is a solo show, which means he isn't just waiting at his desk for your email to roll in. Be reasonable and respectful and he will take care of your needs by treat you well.

From time to time I come out the shadows to defend Metadyne and the extremely small production he has. I have no affiliation to him or his company other than the respect I have gained over the years for the products he makes, but more importantly how he stands behind the items and how he always will make things right. I throw his out as something to think about before drawing a skewed perception based upon misunderstandings and half truths.

The new piston seem to work great! I have it in two of my markers

I know that I stand as a target for those who feel I have altered agendas, but I thought I would try and promote the concept of giving them, Metadyne, the benefit of the doubt in a bumpy journey for all parties involved. Just my to cents and now I shall retract into the shadows again..........

Last edited by barkingspider; 10-24-2012 at 11:37 AM.
barkingspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #8599 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
For those who have been educated on this thread about the workings, or lack there of, with Metadyne I would urge you to form your own opinion. I for one know a little more about the dealings of this company and those behind the scenes. I think the story and misconceptions about issues with this marker are a little sharp. Without going into a lot of detail, if you're looking to have issues with the marker addressed just give Brian a email. SEND THEM TO: precise@preciseinnovationsllc.com

He will respond to you, just keep in mind that he is a solo show, which means he isn't just waiting at his desk for your email to roll in. Be reasonable and respectful and he will take care of your needs by treat you well.

From time to time I come out the shadows to defend Metadyne and the extremely small production he has. I have no affiliation to him or his company other than the respect I have gained over the years for the products he makes, but more importantly how he stands behind the items and how he always will make things right. I throw his out as something to think about before drawing a skewed perception based upon misunderstandings and half truths.

The new piston seem to work great! I have it in two of my markers

I know that I stand as a target for those who feel I have altered agendas, but I thought I would try and promote the concept of giving them, Metadyne, the benefit of the doubt in a bumpy journey for all parties involved. Just my to cents and now I shall retract into the shadows again..........
I am SO happy to see this! Thank you barkingspider. It would be even more awesome if you could take a picture of the new piston and it's housing that you've been successfully using so we can see what the changes have been

I'd love to be able to run one of my Thumpers stock class via vert 12g and not have to both with an inline reg... I'm thinking more seriously not about trying to get in touch and see what we can work out in terms of getting a new piston installed (or buy a brand new thumper...).

Last edited by toymachine; 10-24-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #8600 (permalink)
Ebay, camocow200

I'd love to be able to run one of my Thumpers stock class via vert 12g and not have to both with an inline reg... I'm thinking more seriously not about trying to get in touch and see what we can work out in terms of getting a new piston installed (or buy a brand new thumper...).
ME TOO!

WTF,why would i trade for that?

Ebay, camocow200 (1100+) + 100% positive feedback
MCB 290 pos feedback

"Mar" bro: welcome to the forum, super nice marker - hopeful for your sale.
"stargazer" It's ma'am actually, not bro.

Last edited by woouulf; 10-24-2012 at 05:11 PM.
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers