mcarterbrown.com

Old 10-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #8601 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

lol I didn't even realize that was a smiley when I typed it
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #8602 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
I'm getting more curious how the FS breach is going to work.

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #8603 (permalink)
Asphincter Says What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zondo View Post
I'm getting more curious how the FS breach is going to work.
I get the feel that a fs breach is only going to be a wish, unless there is some great turn around in regards to the support and feedback. That is a little blunt, but I feel it's the raw truth. Brian feels like all the major obstacles have been addressed and modified, although the sober reality is that he has felt this way with all the previous upgrades.....particularly the bolts. So he's confident with the current bolt, while appreciating the past and all that has been learned.

Just FYI, for those that aren't aware. The havoc internals are very similar to the thumper in concept and form/design. That is some of the puzzling conundrum that Brian faced while dealing with the hiccups of the thumper that never occurred with the havoc.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #8604 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Yea, I kinda figured that about the FS breach. Big let down, but given the choice I'd rather be able to buy a fully function out of the box thumper than be able to get a FS breach and have to keep using my own regs.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #8605 (permalink)
Sixfootsix

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
text :-).
Great news, what type of reg would work best? Have some old ION regs somewhere.

Feedback Youtube Channel
Waylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #8606 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
I get the feel that a fs breach is only going to be a wish, unless there is some great turn around in regards to the support and feedback. That is a little blunt, but I feel it's the raw truth. Brian feels like all the major obstacles have been addressed and modified, although the sober reality is that he has felt this way with all the previous upgrades.....particularly the bolts. So he's confident with the current bolt, while appreciating the past and all that has been learned.

Just FYI, for those that aren't aware. The havoc internals are very similar to the thumper in concept and form/design. That is some of the puzzling conundrum that Brian faced while dealing with the hiccups of the thumper that never occurred with the havoc.
What about an upgraded detent/breach? Ive seen some out, but Brian never replied to my email requesting one...
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #8607 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylost View Post
Great news, what type of reg would work best? Have some old ION regs somewhere.
Ion regs have an output of what, 100-300psi? As long as it can handle 200-290psi well, they'd work perfectly. From what I hear they work pretty well.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #8608 (permalink)
camocow200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
What about an upgraded detent/breach? Ive seen some out, but Brian never replied to my email requesting one...
Im 100% sure you have to send it in for that, although there are some home brew fixes here that worked well for me.. Its pretty cool that we have 3 or 4 thumper owners shareing info and what has worked to keep these markers up and shooting compared to just one guy at the factory...

Ebay, camocow200 (625)+
MCB 275 +
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #8609 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

I had a little bit of an issue pinching with more older thumper, still with the original narrow detent mount, but after I rounded the detent's tip per the suggest a couple pages back (joedirt's?) this problem hasn't been an issue (4k shots later). The other thumper I have with the wider current detent mount has never given me any problems save I'm not loading the gun at a weird angle. But as woouulf says, there was only one upgrade for the breech, that being a wider detent mount to help better position the ball while loading so there aren't chops/lots of pinching, and you have to send your thumper into metadyne for this upgrade/update is you have the original narrower detent mount.

Last edited by toymachine; 10-26-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #8610 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
I had a little bit of an issue pinching with more older thumper, still with the original narrow detent mount, but after I rounded the detent's tip per joedirt's suggestion this problem hasn't been an issue (4k shots later). The other thumper I have with the wider current detent mount has never given me any problems save I'm not loading the gun at a weird angle. But as woouulf says, there was only one upgrade for the breech, that being a wider detent mount to help better position the ball while loading so there aren't chops/lots of pinching, and you have to send your thumper into metadyne for this upgrade/update is you have the original narrower detent mount.
Is there a more detailed description of the narrow detent mod? Cause' i aint sending my Thumper to Metadyne, until they sort their turnaround time.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers