mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #8631 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
You might have to call or email and ask, I'm not 100% sure they have it. I'm using an old impulse burst disc that is set at 300psi, not sure where I got it but it was for a higher pressure impulse setup. I'll do some research tomorrow, as this bit would be very useful to have for thumper owners
Yeah, im going to contact PPS anyway, because apparently the newer adjust plunger is actually a low pressure kit, and if im not mistaken, it has a settable max pressure...
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:12 AM   #8632 (permalink)

Are there still people waiting for their Thumpers from Brian (in terms of upgrades)? Or have people just given up all together?
Old 10-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #8633 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Although I can only speak for myself, I think most folks are afraid of sending anything in to Metadyne to get upgrades, not so much because they fear losing their property but because of the time it would take them to get everything back. As I've said, I do plan on buying a brand new thumper with their "final fix" piston within the next couple months, so I'll let everyone know how that simplest of ordering process goes (despite my sarcasm I actually have a great respect for brian and mean him absolutely no disrespect, although of course I am a little disappointed things worked out this way).

Anyways, someone wanted to know, for the few of you (lilshank?) who run 12g straight into your thumpers as intended, how many shots do you get per 12g?
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #8634 (permalink)
MCB Member

I got ~20 or so rounds on average per 12g. Now if i could only get the dang puncture pin seal to stay in place after 2 or 3 12g reloads I'd be set.
cabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #8635 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

try using a cci bucket changer? I've used my thumper's 12g bucket changer on some of my nelsons without any problems, although it kinda seems like metadyne got them from cci to begin with...
Old 10-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #8636 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
Sorry for the long awaited response As far as 12 grams go, I typically get around 40-45 (bear in mind our field limit is 250fps)

And yes, the stock bucket changer is a CCI that they had finished to match the gun. I actually traded away my dust one and use the gloss one from my Phantom, I find that I don't have the issue of the bucket unscrewing itself from the pressure after I changed it. It also works if you have a gloss pierce pin housing/adapter and a dust bucket for the changer.

No idea if the unscrewing issue would lead to pierce pin seals bursting out, the only time I've seen it is if you change the powerlet too early and release a ton of gas.
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #8637 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilShank View Post
Sorry for the long awaited response As far as 12 grams go, I typically get around 40-45 (bear in mind our field limit is 250fps)

And yes, the stock bucket changer is a CCI that they had finished to match the gun. I actually traded away my dust one and use the gloss one from my Phantom, I find that I don't have the issue of the bucket unscrewing itself from the pressure after I changed it. It also works if you have a gloss pierce pin housing/adapter and a dust bucket for the changer.

[cue pedophile voice]Niiiiiiiiiiiice[/pedophile]
Old 11-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #8638 (permalink)
MCB Member

So I sent 2 Thumpers into Metadyne to have them bored for the new piston in the middle of October and I just received them back today.
You will need to get an RMA number in order to send it in. use the precise@preciseinnovationsllc.com e-mail address
follow all the instructions and be courteous.
I just installed the piston into one and so far so good.
I am running regulated co2 at about 250 psi.

The piston is larger so hopefully it doesn't bend or snap.
Name:  IMG_0896.jpg
Views: 1678
Size:  275.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0897.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  274.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0899.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  285.5 KB

Thanks Again Brian
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #8639 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

WORD! That looks great! Thanks CP
Old 11-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #8640 (permalink)
33 rounds per minute

CCM Fan
After 4 months of good luck. I finally bent the piston. Email sent, waiting on a rma number and form.

Joe D.

I Have FeedBack:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
~spd3~ is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers