mcarterbrown.com

Old 12-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #8791 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Well my thumper seems to like me now, it works, but i got a suspicion that something is wrong with clippard valve. First shot after airing up, is with a touchy trigger, unless i pull the trigger forward.

Also
one thing i completely forgot about: the front small oring on the bolt - doesnt like to be there, but it doesnt seem to have any negative effects.
Is that the thin o-ring on the black piece? or is it the thick o-ring on the silver piece? If it is the thin one then yea no problem, not much of an issue, if it is the thick one then yes it does serve a purpose and you need to have it there.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #8792 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
As in that bolt oring falls off? And that trigger issue sounds more like a hammer problem than clippard problem, but who knows... Just remember, if you ever want to replace your clippard/actuating valve, go through someone around here like joedirt instead of metadyne (straight form distributor/manufacturer for 10-20 w/ shipping as opposed to metadyne for like 40-50 w/o shipping - i.e. total rip off for what should otherwise be everyday cheap product).
Yeah i know. but thanks anyway!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage 01 View Post
Is that the thin o-ring on the black piece? or is it the thick o-ring on the silver piece? If it is the thin one then yea no problem, not much of an issue, if it is the thick one then yes it does serve a purpose and you need to have it there.
I meant the piston, sorry. and no, not the thick one on the piston head but the frontal one of the two small orings on the shaft. The thing is, that it was getting shot out, from day one.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #8793 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zondo View Post
Now our Thumpers can move towards the "Rare," "Limited Edition," "1 of XXX" labels when you sell!
I always joked about posting mine up as a rare 1 of 1 Thumper, because it's always worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
Do you think this is going to hurt my chances of ever getting my Thumper back?
Not at all, though I haven't had Brian contact me back with the new shop address yet. Time to send another email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage 01 View Post
Last time I email Brian he answered in 24 hours as well.

Flint:

Here are a couple of pictures of what could be wrong.
The first one is the little brass piece. This one is a good one nothing wring with it.
The second picture is the aluminum sear (of sorts) this one works as well but it does have a groove in it. Measure your to this one.
The last picture is the side of the block. If it looks just like this with NO screw threw the side then your sear/hammer is the aluminum version, if there is a screw there then it is the new steel one. If it is the steel one then that is not your problem.
The first picture shows an older style pawl, which he would have if he did indeed have the aluminum hammer still (it sounds like he does)

The steel hammer also required that pawl to be modified, so it would show a bit differently.

And as to the person with the VASA problem, a thicker o-ring can help sometimes, but the tolerances are so finicky, I figured out mine preferred the standard o-ring to a thicker one.
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:43 AM   #8794 (permalink)
Sixfootsix

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
No worries, especially with new stuff like the thumper we all have our own vernacular - and yes pictures always better than words, especially with this stuff like I said. Gotcha, so it is the entire vert adapter that's giving you problems? Or just the setscrew withing? Or the other screw that holds it to the main body?
Like woouulf said

Quote:
Originally Posted by woouulf View Post
I have one that had the same issue and old owner had it replaced before i got it.I couldnt figure out why it came with a spare untill i tried the mismatch parts thing. The VA threads are softer than the body and will give out if over tightened..
The threads in the upper part of VA wont tighten.
Someone has an extra or the contact info to metadyne that work?

Feedback Youtube Channel
Waylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #8795 (permalink)
camocow200

That would be LILshank that has the non issue Thumper. I have had 3 out of 10 that never gave me any problems and sold them and of now im down to owning just one and its has the steel screw on piston that i red loctighted andr un with buna (i think 80s) and so far its been good to go..The trigger sticking thing i have run across before and as i remember it was an off centered back plate or the trigger slide need a lil dow/oil since it is metal on metal..

Ebay, camocow200 (700)+
MCB 275 +
woouulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #8796 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Mine was a problem child... Until yesterday. adding an inline reg completely solved my problems. I didn't disable the internal reg like some with older gen guns have. Just that simple change rid the gun of its locking up when I air it up. I'm on cloud nine now. And using a very old Benchmark drop down side mount asa keeps the great balance when using a 68/45
liquidplummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #8797 (permalink)
Rec Poster

And the reason I am obsessed with getting this going is because the Thumper has ruined me from using regular pump guns forever. The amazing thumb cocking is such a great design idea.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #8798 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidplummer View Post
Mine was a problem child... Until yesterday. adding an inline reg completely solved my problems. I didn't disable the internal reg like some with older gen guns have. Just that simple change rid the gun of its locking up when I air it up. I'm on cloud nine now. And using a very old Benchmark drop down side mount asa keeps the great balance when using a 68/45
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidplummer View Post
And the reason I am obsessed with getting this going is because the Thumper has ruined me from using regular pump guns forever. The amazing thumb cocking is such a great design idea.
I'm glad to hear this! While I still love my nelson based guns, my sniper and sniper based guns and my new to me palmerized pg, the Thumper and it's unique action is really a blast to shoot. I mean, how else do I explain having three of them when all I really need is one

need has nothing to do with it I guess

Anyways, in terms of your new thumper's setup, do you use the internal reg for anything? Like do you use it to adjust or fine tune your velocity? Or do you use your internal reg for that? joedirt originally did what you're doing, but I think a couple months down the road of use it failed on him, so just something to keep an eye on (although with proper cleaning and lube and quality/proper orings hopefully this doesn't have to ever become a problem).

EDIT: 880 pages. Nice.

Last edited by toymachine; 12-30-2012 at 04:32 PM.
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #8799 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I'm just going to use the inline reg to keep input pressure low enough to keep the internal reg from locking up. I'm planning to use the velocity screw on the gun to set the velocity. I figured I would go that route until I have failure. If it doesn't fail down the road life is good. If it does fail though I still have the inline reg to keep it civil. :-)
Old 12-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #8800 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Nice. What is your inline reg's output set at?
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers