mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #31 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Sounds like people need to pay more attention to what they're doing and where they're posting.
What people should do is use the search function, read the manual, and maybe petition for an actual metadyne scetion for a legit sticky. People who are looking for answers don't really read this thread and instead post in the other ones.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well I picked up a second hand Thumper took about forty shots with it before it died.

Anyway I sent an email off to Metadyne and they offered to send me the upgraded parts for free. I also asked for a list of the oring sizes used in the Thumper. I'm not sure if that is already posted anywhere already or not but just in case here they are:

4mm

15.5 mm

21 mm

Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:56 AM   #33 (permalink)
the Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
Well I picked up a second hand Thumper took about forty shots with it before it died.

Anyway I sent an email off to Metadyne and they offered to send me the upgraded parts for free. I also asked for a list of the oring sizes used in the Thumper. I'm not sure if that is already posted anywhere already or not but just in case here they are:

4mm

15.5 mm

21 mm

Can anyone confirm this ???
ghosroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #34 (permalink)
Post Whore

Confirm what? I can confirm that I did receive the upgraded parts for free. The oring sizes are a direct copy and paste from my email from Metadyne. All I did was send off a polite email to Metadyne with my serial number and explained I was the new owner. I got a reply back in about two days and the parts were in the mail.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #35 (permalink)

Whats the turn around time to have some of the new parts put on a thumper that has been sent in? I had spoken with brian and had sent my thumper in to have some of the new parts put on. Its been almost 3months...last time i spoke with him which was about 3 weeks ago he had said they just got the new parts in and would be shipping it out as soon as there installed...still no word or thumper...any opinions on this?
Old 01-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #36 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jato View Post
.....any opinions on this?
yes. Don't use the sticky thread?

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #37 (permalink)

Sorry but my problem is not with the marker itself and with making communication with the company, which has been mentioned and discussed multiple times in this thread, I assumed this would have been the correct place to have my questions answered.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #38 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

IMPORTANT:

The thumper cannot be used with any other lube than vasoline due to the Clippard valve. Using gun oil will ruin the incredibly small and delicate orings within the valve assembly. This information is straight from Brian and the manufacturers of the Clippard valve. If you insist on not using vasoline, Brian said that he was told by Clippard that a TEFLON GREASE can also be used. He recommended "Magnalube G", which is what he uses. A little bit in the VASA will lubricate the gun just fine.

I felt the need to put this up because of the conflicting advice regarding lube in the Thumper Megathread (You know the one).
Old 02-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #39 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber_Ghost View Post
IMPORTANT:

The thumper cannot be used with any other lube than vasoline due to the Clippard valve. Using gun oil will ruin the incredibly small and delicate orings within the valve assembly. This information is straight from Brian and the manufacturers of the Clippard valve. If you insist on not using vasoline, Brian said that he was told by Clippard that a TEFLON GREASE can also be used. He recommended "Magnalube G", which is what he uses. A little bit in the VASA will lubricate the gun just fine.

I felt the need to put this up because of the conflicting advice regarding lube in the Thumper Megathread (You know the one).
I'll concur with first hand experience. Since I switched over to Vaseline its all good. The only down side (and this could just be my jar is old) but i find the Vaseline dissipates or dries out fast (after a couple of hundred shots).

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #40 (permalink)

Metadyne Industries Thumper Warranty Upgrade Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber_Ghost View Post
IMPORTANT:

I work with Brian at Metadyne and can confirm that the above info is correct. I am a new to forums so let me know if I am not following correct posting procedure. In regards to the Thumper, the next generation is out and for sale, but more importantly those who have the older markers who are having any problems can goto the Metadyne website and through the contact us button can fill out a form to request service. There is a new piston and a new Hammer upgrade available. These items are under warranty and will be replaced free of charge. However an RMA tracking form needs to be submitted with the marker for repair. This form can be requested from the website.

To contact Metadyne Industries use the following:
Email: info@metadyneindustries.com
Phone: 208-321-9568

Let me know if I can be of assistance -

"Your mind-set is your primary weapon"

"Anyone who is aware of his environment knows that the peril of violence does exist, and that it exists everywhere and at all times"

"The proper course of action, when under attack, is usually to counterattack"
Saxman is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers