mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Do you think these are worth getting over a phantom?
stevefrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #42 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

It depends on your personal preference. Im a way better shot with a thumper but I plan on picking up a phantom for its reliability.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #43 (permalink)
ur my sister

I know the oring sizes are posted but can someone list which size goes where. I am going to put together arepair kit for the ones that ware out the most and try some different sizes. Mainly the reg piston and main piston.

MY FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #44 (permalink)
Guerilla Baller

Send a message via AIM to red army

Heres a list of most of the O-rings used on the thumper.
Photos included for exact reference.
O-rings listed from left to right.

piston: 109, 006 (x2), 112

regulator: 006 (x2), 012
(note: piston is backwards in picture)

valve: 010 (x2)

breech cylinder: 1x15, 021

12gram adapter: 016, 015

v-asa: 1x15
under 3 set screws: 1x4

trigger frame safety: 006

Last edited by red army; 06-25-2012 at 05:47 PM.
red army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #45 (permalink)
ur my sister

mine is leaking out of the valve near the pin. i held just the body and vertical air under water and confirmed. when i push in on the valve pin slightly it stops the leak but also starts the main piston in a slow motion firing sequence. i found a valve on clippard's web site that is pretty close and by close i mean .005 of an inch off on the valve body. what do you think? it says it is only good up to 300 psi and i image that this little marker is running higher than that. don't want to spend another $20 bucks for brian to tell me i broke my valve and have it sit there for 6 months to get fixed. these valve are only $6 a piece. here is the sight.

http://www.clippard.com/store/byo_co...tem_valves.asp

found two local distributors for clippard valves in st louis as they were going to add $7 for shipping and $10 for handling just for 2 tiny valves. may have to see if the local stores can get them in and see if they work.

MY FEEDBACK

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
Old 06-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #46 (permalink)
33 rounds per minute

CCM Fan
I managed to play a full day on my Thumper this week for the first time ever. My marker has had all the upgrade done recently as it took a long 4 month vacation to metadyne. As we sit and wait for it to arrive we think it is comming back issue free. That isn't the case.

The problem ive seen with my own after tearing it down days later when i got it back from metedyne, is that the o-rings used on the reg and the piston, are very stretchy and cheap causing the reg to stick, or the front o-ring on the piston to roll out of the groove.

I took one and compared it to o-rings found in the Eclipse ego Comp. spares kits you can buy for $50.00, I came accross #006 NBR90 as a replacement. The problem with these thoe is they are a hellova time to get on and placed into the grooves since there is no elastic stretch to them. Once i muscled them into the groove's on the reg first, I rebuilt the gun and used Dura Lube oil rether then all the suggested lubes. I did a 1000Psi dry fire test, about 1/2 way the front stock stretchy metedyne provide orings on the revised piston rolled out of the groove, once that happens the shot sound starts to change on each pull and eventually air gushes out the front of the gun. So i did the same i matched the rings and they were the same as the ones for the reg. Swaped them and rebuilt the gun. Did the dry fire test again and managed 1000Psi without any issue, or the notoriuos "CLICK CLICK CLICK"

This weekend i physically used the gun in play to proove what i did would warrent me some sort of kudo points, or a disgusted facepalm. But i managed to use the gun 75% of the day shooting a 500rnd pack and not have any non firing issues. My only problem was the paint i was using wasn't perfectly round and it was pinching here and there. But maybe one day there will be a new breech so this doesn't happen.

Over all I cannot say this is the cure all fix for the Thumper, but in my situation, giving that everytime ive taken theis marker out to play ive managed 10-50 rounds max before it goes down. So I'm going to continue to work with it and test what ive done. For all i know the use of Dura Lube oil is the fix. But thats all i got to say for now. Maybe this can be tried with someone else down on their luck with this marker...

Thanks,
Joe D.

I Have FeedBack:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
~spd3~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #47 (permalink)
ur my sister

okay so if your valve is leaking and you need a new one here is the clippard model number MAV-3C. the valves run about $6 a piece and they have several distributors nation wide.

MY FEEDBACK

Old 08-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #48 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to BigAlPoulos

Alright fella's I just spoke with Brian. Here is what's going on.

Scott - their main sales guy and the one who manages the metadyne email address is currently dealing with family health issues.

Metadyne is also in the process of moving so much of their stuff is boxed and being moved to a new location.

finally a new email address. Brian said he will respond to every email he receives.

Sales@PreciseInnovationsLLC.com

Alex

Feedback on AOG, Here, and PBN, same name on all 3.

#187 Team Ragnarok

BigAlPoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
Guerilla Baller

Send a message via AIM to red army

Thanks for the info BigAlPoulos!

By any chance did you happen to ask about the brass pistons he's supposedly working on?
red army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #50 (permalink)
ur my sister

figured i would add some stuff since it seems to be helping some thumpers run longer.

internal reg elimination:

take out the middle oring on the reg piston and put in a small rod or shim in place of the spring to keep the piston stationary. add an external reg to adjust for velocity.

adding an external reg and using internal for velocity adjustment:

set the external reg to less than 300 psi in order to keep the valve of the thumper from having problems by over pressurizing it. this also seems to help the internal reg do its job easier by limiting the pressure going into the marker. not covering the internal reg piston and valve in grease has been helping the markers run a little smoother and not break orings as often.

hope this helps some users out there.

MY FEEDBACK

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers