mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #61 (permalink)
MCB Member

just put a piece of duct tape on it and its fine.
capitalpaintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #62 (permalink)

Subscribing.
Paintfreak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #63 (permalink)
dragshank

Just got mine back with all the mods, put like maybe fifteen rounds through it, no issues. Still trying to get a replacement screw and washer for the feedtube though will a phantom screw/washer feedtube screw work with it, I wonder?
Old 08-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #64 (permalink)

Proud new owner of a Thumper here. It's blue, has the round "MI" logo #120.

The trigger wasn't catching the hammer. I noticed there was no pin to hold the trigger spring straight, thereby allowing the spring to curl and not push the trigger forward correctly. I made one from a small scrap of soft aluminum that I peened a head on. It cocks now. You could do the same thing with a small nail, so long as the head of the nail is big enough to keep the nail from sliding down the inside of the spring. Just cut it to length. It needs to be long enough to reach the back of the trigger when the trigger is forward, but short enough to allow the trigger to travel all the way back.

And does anyone have the .pdf manual from the beginning of this thread. That link doesn't work. PM me, I'll send my e-mail address.

Last edited by superdad; 08-13-2013 at 12:15 PM.
superdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #65 (permalink)

Finally used my Thumper in a game. Worked great for a while, then it just stopped firing. On dis-assembly I noticed the main piston had come about half unscrewed from the dump piston. A little blue loctite on the threads there and it should be cured, but still able to be taken apart.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:02 AM   #66 (permalink)
The Sticker Man

Send a message via AIM to creator_7

Thanks for all the info guys.

would be nice if we could get a sub category for the thumper to get all the info together but i guess the search will do for now.

feedback2

feedback3
creator_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #67 (permalink)
Pumping a Phantom

I sent my thumper in to Brian last week and hope to get it back for Jan 11th. He's been real good at communicating via email. I'll have to bird dog him to see if I can get the Thumper returned but I hope that I get to enjoy it in 2014.
Christian p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #68 (permalink)

I posted this about a year ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdad View Post
Proud new owner of a Thumper here. It's blue, has the round "MI" logo #120.

The trigger wasn't catching the hammer. I noticed there was no pin to hold the trigger spring straight, thereby allowing the spring to curl and not push the trigger forward correctly. I made one from a small scrap of soft aluminum that I peened a head on. It cocks now. You could do the same thing with a small nail, so long as the head of the nail is big enough to keep the nail from sliding down the inside of the spring. Just cut it to length. It needs to be long enough to reach the back of the trigger when the trigger is forward, but short enough to allow the trigger to travel all the way back.

And does anyone have the .pdf manual from the beginning of this thread. That link doesn't work. PM me, I'll send my e-mail address.
I have a request for pictures of what I did. so here they are.

First is the disassembled picture. The trigger is on left, then the spring, then the pin I made.

Second, partially assembled. The pin in the spring and the spring in the trigger.

Then the whole thing put into the trigger housing.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #69 (permalink)
MilSim

Anyone having luck getting service/e-mails from Brian? My Thumper went from working to doing weird stuff and I can't figure it out. Plus I might need a new hammer since the valve pin seems to be chewing away at it.
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

MCB Feedback

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear A5 Barret Sniper FS/T
WholemealDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:32 PM   #70 (permalink)

Have you heard back from Brian yet? I have a Metadyne in need of some parts as well.
Sbeck1186 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers