mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Pump Markers (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-markers/)
-   -   Azodin KP Upgrades (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-markers/173629-azodin-kp-upgrades.html)

madasax 08-23-2011 10:59 PM

Azodin KP Upgrades

Hey all - So i recently bought a KP (Wanted another Pump for a decent price)
And i know people suggest a new barrel and Reg to make it even better.
So what i have coming to me is a Red carbon Deathstix barrel kit w/4 backs and a Red/black Hyper 2 Reg and Red Hybrid asa w/macroline fittings.

Just lookin for some imput on if they were both good up's for the KP?

artguy63 08-25-2011 02:44 PM

if youre looking to just eliminate the farting and make it a little more consistent, then yes. however, you probably couldve taken that money and gotten a slightly better pump than the kp.

madasax 08-26-2011 03:11 AM

I know but i have liked the KP - Got it today and it shoots nice. Also i wasnt gonna buy a reg but figured why not.
Also im suprised how sturdy the KP's pump handle feels....better than i had anticipated.

MAD_JIHAD 08-26-2011 11:38 AM

My dad used to have a CP reg on his KP but the lower pressure was causing issues with the valve not holding air after it was cocked. Maybe a Palmers Stab would be better with higher pressure but I think its fine as it is stock.

The stock barrel is nice as it is, the inside is very smooth, put a python kit on it to prevent rollouts because the stock barrel detent sucks.

When he first got the KP I thought it was a POS because the bottom line burst on the first air up which almost made us deaf and the oring detent was causing issues, but I think its really dam good after the gremlins got sorted out.

madasax 08-26-2011 02:46 PM

Well i have a Dye Hyper 2 Reg coming for it.
As far as the barrel goes the .686 back on the Deathstix works great. Shot a pop can off my fence post today at fairly good distance

Festa 08-26-2011 06:53 PM

You could also try putting in a cheap high-flow valve like the 32* Magna valve off of Spyders. I put one of those in my buddy's Azodin Kaos (the semi) and it lowered his operating pressure down to the 450s range which let me put my extra WGP reg on there with no issues. If you have issues trying to run with the Hyper 2, look into a higher flow valve and it should help lower the operating pressure within range of what your regulator can output.

chopper duke 08-26-2011 08:41 PM

I really like the Camino Mod! :D

slinger 08-26-2011 08:43 PM

Hahahahaa, camino mod.

Kinda off topic, but what is the difference internally between the kp, and kaos.

Festa 09-01-2011 01:07 PM

I think its just that valve stem isn't slotted on the KP and it is on the Kaos (to allow blowback). I don't expect the springs are different since they're both loud as #$#$ out of the box =)

Chubs 09-03-2011 10:46 PM

Used Stabilizer and CP ASA will go a long way.