mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Pump Markers (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-markers/)
-   -   Looking for some reg selection suggestions (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-markers/207996-looking-some-reg-selection-suggestions.html)

PistolRogue 07-12-2012 04:29 PM

Looking for some reg selection suggestions

So, I've been hanging on to a modded RF pre-2K cocker for about a year now, and finally bit the bullet on buying a CCM pump kit and .45 frame for it. Got that installed and now the final component I'm after is a reg. It's got an AKA Tornado valve and Lightning Bolt, and as I'm not super-familiar with the Sniper/Cocker platform I'm not entirely sure what pressure range I should be looking at, and thus have no idea where to look as far as a reg.

Cost isn't really a factor, I simply want the most accurate reg possible and a little insight into what sort of pressure range I should be looking at.

Any help?

4G010H3R0 07-12-2012 04:38 PM

lol no Idea if you need it but since im in your debt atm, if a Palmers male stabilzer is needed or wanted ive got one I dont need it. HP at the moment(goes down to 500 I think) but you can always buy the kit to make it LP or whatever Pressure you need it for. just a heads up..

EgoPossum 07-12-2012 04:49 PM

With the Tornado valve, AKA says to set the operating pressure at 250 PSI.

The regs that I would look at are
AKA 2 liter
AKA Sidewinder
Any PPS Stab
CCM
Blast Torpedo
Blast 360
CP
AA Messiah
Dye Hyper 2/3

All of them work in the pressure range that you are looking for

One thing to look for is a reg with really good flow. The best one in that group is the AKA 2 liter hands down but it is also the most expensive.

LilShank 07-12-2012 05:37 PM

Macdev makes a good reg, one of my friends ran his sniper on one with a 300psi output, but I think he had stock WGP internals.

MaD 07-12-2012 05:43 PM

I don't think you're going to get a pre-2k down to 250 psi without some more modification. Since you're going to go aka parts I'd get a 2 liter or Sidewinder. I expect you can get it into the 300-400 range with a stiff main spring and a heavy hammer.

PistolRogue 07-12-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaD (Post 2408861)
I don't think you're going to get a pre-2k down to 250 psi without some more modification. Since you're going to go aka parts I'd get a 2 liter or Sidewinder. I expect you can get it into the 300-400 range with a stiff main spring and a heavy hammer.

That was what I was thinking, as I thought the pre-2k's had quite a bit less overall volume in the valve chamber than those with 11/16" valves. And it's not really a matter of going with AKA parts, it's just those are what were in the thing when I got it lol. Not that I'm opposed to using AKA stuff I've always loved their products.

pbalien73 07-12-2012 06:41 PM

I would recommend a good used aka sidewinder with the long top. I have a few per 2k's nd this is what I use. I found all mine for 45 - 50 bucks. The main reason I use them is the amount of volume at the top of the reg (this air is also behind the valve) and it increases the volume. I run mine at about 250-260psi with blue spring on tornado and green on hammer.

PistolRogue 07-30-2012 05:19 PM

Went with a used mid-length Sidewinder I snagged off ebay (think it was actually probably a member here, as the name on the return address seemed familiar for some reason). Got her up and running and took her out to a rec day with the husband and neighbors of an old friend of mine. Used an APP 50-round hopper and redid my WTF puller rig with M4 shingle pouches and APP 30-round Tac-Pods so that I couldn't be accused of beating up on the newbs.

It was really my first time rolling with an open class pump since the first day I played paintball for a friend's birthday party in like 6th grade (I'm 28 now lol). Also had my first speedball experience and dominated the snake :D

Only thing is, by the sound of it I need a stiffer valve spring- she's got that farty sound to each shot and gets absolutely horrid efficiency at the moment (I was getting about 300-350 rounds out of a 48/4500 before it was getting below 1000 psi). Don't have a cocker valve tool in my inventory right now so it'll have to wait until after I recoup funds from my CCM SR1 purchase, but it does WORK, just not ideally tuned. Thanks for your help guys!