mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-24-2007, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mini Desert Duck and Super Stock Check It Box gun

Check out the super rare #4 mini desert duck that belongs to the infamous Willy Tanaka from the YAKUZA clan

The Check it Superstock box gun Belongs to the Notorious Anthony Chon who is a gangsta "poser" Wannabe "Oliver Wang"

Just sharing for all you Duck lovers like myself..

Slackor18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Nice markers. Anyone ever notice direct feed ducks are never photographed with a hopper attached? I bet it really ruins the look.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

This is copy-pasted from a Narly45 (Derrick Obatake) post on pbn. It's interesting info that might be useful on Vintagerex.

The Box Gun evolved from my Nelspot barrel getting rusted out. I needed a new marker that had the same balance and feel as my Nelspot. I got a Duck receiver and blank barrel from Dave Loo and asked Earon Carter to machine the rest of the gun giving him some minor specifications: It had to have adjustable Millett sights, a ported barrel, a fixed top so the sights would be fixed to the barrel for accuracy, it had to look and feel like a 1911 .45 and it had to be accurate as hell. Needless to say Earon being the master machinist came up with the Box Gun.

Glen Chon of Check It Products wanted to produce a production “Stock Class” pistol so my gun was used as the prototype for the existing Box Gun. That is why there are many similarities to the Desert Duck. Earon Carter and Dave Loo had a hand in designing those two guns.

In the photo you will see:

Nelspot (nick-named Rail Gun or Nelly) converted to gravity stick feed with a custom rail and adjustable sights from a Gold Cup .45 made by Earon in the early days. It is probably the first ever to have adjustable hand gun sights since it was done over 19 years ago.

One of the first Ducks built. The first shorty and the first to have the “comp” added to the slide.

Long Slide Stock Class Duck. All of the early Ducks were originally set up as Stick feeds then later set up as “Stock Class” in order to compete in various Stock Class tournaments.

Dave Loo’s Personal Duck.

The original Box Gun.

Earon Carter is still building custom Desert Ducks and Box guns. It may take some time but they are all hand machined and fitted just as they were back in the day. If you get one from him you are getting an original masterpiece from the Master.

Mongo from Redux is also making newer versions of the Duck and Box Gun that are very nice and have some very cool modern upgrades.

Back in the day only a hand full of guys could really “Kill” with these markers and here are the names of some of them:
Dave Loo – Kamikaze Shooter.
Mark Torabayashi – Team Captain of the Kamikaze Shooters.
Jack Wada – Kamikaze Shooter. Still playing and Killing today.
Matthias lubber - Team Ronin from Hawaii.
Brian Higashi and Mike (Hair Cut) Maceda also got very good with these markers.

Hard8Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Great info... And on the Duck I owned.. I used a stick feed.
google.com/+CarterBrown75
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
RTR
MCB Member

Hard8Mike

You've warmed my heart with Ducks...
RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
Great info... And on the Duck I owned.. I used a stick feed.
Still happily stick fed to this day.
I figure what the heck if I'm playing pump with 12g's. Just take it all the way. (and honestly I'd be afraid I'd snag the hopper on me since it's one of the smaller guns I own)

Thanks for the great pictures! I love getting a look at other people's ducks and box guns.

Don't you love getting to play with it? I switch back and forth between the duck and duckslide some days, and I honestly prefer the duck for its slider trigger. Way more smooth than the glorified phantom. I like having a rare or old gun and taking it out to play. It's a lot of fun and beats just having it sit and decorate my living room all day.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

grrrrrr!

i finally got my buzzard after years of lusting for carter goodness........

now you're forcing me into the wanting of the duck
plan9_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilD View Post
Nice markers. Anyone ever notice direct feed ducks are never photographed with a hopper attached? I bet it really ruins the look.
Originally captain Mark Tora wanted everybody to run with CA. But by the late 80's everybody in the main squads (Turtles & Geckos) ran with 12g stick feed guns. That was one of the reasons we were always known among other things as the "One Shot One Kill" team.

Even other local teams that were playing NSG style tourneys like: Navarrone, Bushmasters, Bushwackers, Sudden Death, etc. all were running with some type of hopper.

So basically it was against the nature and style of our team to run a hopper. Running one ESPECIALLY on one of Dave's guns would have brought down a shower of ridicule and derision from other Shooters. Only 1/3 of which would have been good natured. Own policing their own.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers