mcarterbrown.com

Old 09-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX View Post
What spring combinations are you guys using?
Depends on lots of stuff like what valve you are running, source of air [CO2, HPA], running through a reg first, input pressure, hammer weight....etc.

IMHO it is best to use trial and error with patience to come up with the correct spring combo for your specific gun/setup. Plus I never go by spring color as the precision of spring kits are not very exact and I have a lot of springs that are not in a kit [scrounged from multiple sources].

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

I normally use green maddman main spring and AKA valve spring and in another blue maddman main spring and stock valve spring (might actually have the blue maddman valve spring in there, gotta check). First one runs at about 200psi or a bit lower and the second @ about 350 or 375psi.
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

One thing I think needs to be said is that lowering the pressure range of a gun won't necessarily have a positive impact on how loud it is. You can actually make it louder. If you have to introduce a long dwell in order to get the velocity up due to the lower pressure, it's probably going to be louder.

I'm surprised no one had mentioned co2 in this thread. As taboo as it seems to be anymore, a lot of guns shoot notably quieter on Co2 than on HPA.
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

does it count if I thought it in my head?
Old 09-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

you could always mq it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DQqJIeMpv0
paintball_fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
Face shooter

Agree with Grendel, good point..........................
Old 11-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
I found getting my CCM T2 and Sanchez Machine SM-1 quiet was a not much of a challenge.

Fist, sweet-spot the regulator. This alone seems to make a big difference. It is not the reason I did it, but when it was done, I noticed a difference, especially with the SM-1. The T2 came from the factory nearly perfect, so the tuning made less difference.

Next, and easiest is a Deadlywind Fibur, with an underbore insert, the carbon fiber seems to deaden the vibration, the underbore allows you to dial back the IVG and makes the porting work better. I suppose and underbore barrel will help and any carbon fiber would help, Colin has just made it easy to get both in one barrel.

Third, increase your barrel length, while I usually run a 10" or 12” and the difference is not too much, when I go from a 10” to my 14” I can hear a difference, not sure if the sound signature changes downrange or just moves the muzzle farther from my face.

Letting go of the pump handle helps too.

Also, be sure you are judging the sound when actually shooting, just air can be much louder that shooting a paintball

Good Luck.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. View Post
Letting go of the pump handle helps too.
Please explain. I tend to add a return spring between the back block and ivg on full blocks and between the pump adapter/guide and pump on half blocks. I loath the bolt backing out, although with a big pump handle it's not something that happens all the time. And my return springs aren't exactly stiff. But on pumps without a good/functional return spring to keep the bore closed, I generally hold the pump to keep the bore sealed. Anyways, I'm a little curious. I heard this from someone else the other day, although I generally have little respect for the fellow's intellect so your statement here interests me.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
Please explain. I tend to add a return spring between the back block and ivg on full blocks and between the pump adapter/guide and pump on half blocks. I loath the bolt backing out, although with a big pump handle it's not something that happens all the time. And my return springs aren't exactly stiff. But on pumps without a good/functional return spring to keep the bore closed, I generally hold the pump to keep the bore sealed. Anyways, I'm a little curious. I heard this from someone else the other day, although I generally have little respect for the fellow's intellect so your statement here interests me.
Not holding on to the pump allows to bolt to move back when firing. This closes the passageway between the valve and upper tube, reducing the noise.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
Not holding on to the pump allows to bolt to move back when firing. This closes the passageway between the valve and upper tube, reducing the noise.
What he said^^^ I didnít know why, only an observation. Now I do, Thank you.
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers