mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
njk
Pump Player since 96`

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
empire sniper

Bought a Brand SPANKING NEW Empire Sniper last week and used it Sunday, put 500 rounds threw It and was pretty impressed. This is the most expensive gun I've ever bought. Bought a spyder compact A, Spyder 2000, and 2002 WGP sniper new back in the day. Every thing else I've ever owned has been used.

But got two questions.

1. How many rounds does it take till she's broke in. And is there anything special to the break in process. I never bought a brand new gun this fancy.

2. What is sweet spotting and why to do it? And how do I go about doing it.

-Nate

Autotrigger = Ramping for pump guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHSquared View Post
If you build it, we will spend.
njk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

2-6k shots and your gun and its stock reg should be well broken in. Max like 8k.

Nothing you need to do really, just the standard stuff life keeping the marker properly lubed and making sure to check all obvious o-rings (e.g. bolt o-rings) to make sure they're still good (and they probably will be unless you trash your gun or play in worst possible conditions every time). Just care for the marker like the manual/other sniper manuals describe. If anything happens you deal with it when it does, but I doubt anything much will unless something is defective (again unlikely). Pumps are pretty forgiving maintenance-wise and even though this might be a "entry level high end pump" or whatever it won't be any less reliable and rugged.

Sweet spotting an autococker/sniper is setting the IVG (what you adjust to control velocity out the back of the gun) and the inline reg's output to synchronize such that you're getting the maximum efficiency. This can also involve balancing the valve and hammer springs, but if you're using the stock setup this isn't really involved in your case. The idea is that, in a nut shell, to get the reg set so that any increase in output pressure will result in decreased velocity (this is kinda counter intuative before you get it; at a certain point the air pressure will make it hard for the hammer to open the valve), at which point you want to adjust the IVG to achieve proper velocity. That's kinda how I understand it, although I've been having trouble explaining that clearly because I'm in a rush. Anyways...

There are soo many good guides out there to sweet spotting a sniper/ac

Ravi's guide is pretty good and you should read this over first.

This is great for really hands on detailed info: CCM Product Manuals / Video Series / Parts Kit 'how to'. (UPDATED!)

Last edited by toymachine; 10-10-2012 at 10:02 PM.
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
njk
Pump Player since 96`

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Thanks for the info toymachine.

Autotrigger = Ramping for pump guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHSquared View Post
If you build it, we will spend.
njk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

you might also find this very useful, given same topic: Sweet spotting sniper at 250 fps?

always a pleasure! have fun with your new beauty!!

if ccm hadn't already stollen my loyalty pump cockers (well, I would like to check out carter machine's sniper) I'd totally get the empire sniper. who knows, I still may - great price for a very nice loaner sniper

let us know how you do with your new gun and attempting to sweet spot it, or of course if you have any concerns or anything on the way

I'm still trying to remember where it is, but there is a great sweet spotting guide, step by step like, out there somewhere just waiting for you...

EDIT: AH HAH! here is it: http://www.endlesspb.com/tech/sweetspot.html I think you can find one somewhere like this on PPS's site too

Last edited by toymachine; 10-10-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've read of Empire Snipers being mistimed out of the box.

You may want to check if the autotrigger is timed to drop the hammer right at the edge of the forward pump stroke limit.
NotBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

^Although certainly not as common with CCM guns, it's not unusual. Of course I'm not saying it's as common with all, especially the higher end, guns. And, well, it's not hard to correct. Something one needs to learn how to do properly with any gun with an adjustable a/t and hardly a time or effort intensive process. This is just a long winded way of saying such a concern shouldn't be the reason one doesn't get an empire sniper. That said...

Good to point out, as a mistimed a/t will kill even the most remote hope for efficiency or consistency. And given that the fix is so simple, something one should keep in mind and be one of the first things checked when such a gun is acting up.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers