mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ive replaced all my Thumper orings with 90 durometer orings, quite a while ago, and yet to replace any of them again. (gen1 thumper with gen2 piston)
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Ive replaced all my Thumper orings with 90 durometer orings, quite a while ago, and yet to replace any of them again. (gen1 thumper with gen2 piston)
This may very well be another upside to 90 over 70. Did you try using new 70 orings (as in replacing your stock orings with 70 durometer ones) before you went to 90? Or did you go from the stock ones to the 90s?

Using inline regulation and deactivating the internal reg, I've not had any problems with the 70 durometer orings I replace the stock ones with (10k+ shots). I am almost certain that new orings, whether 70 or 90 durometer, is a necessary first upgrade for any Gen 1 or Gen 2 (if not Gen 3) Thumper owner.

I'm just curious. Thank you for your input Flint!
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
This may very well be another upside to 90 over 70. Did you try using new 70 orings (as in replacing your stock orings with 70 durometer ones) before you went to 90? Or did you go from the stock ones to the 90s?

Using inline regulation and deactivating the internal reg, I've not had any problems with the 70 durometer orings I replace the stock ones with (10k+ shots). I am almost certain that new orings, whether 70 or 90 durometer, is a necessary first upgrade for any Gen 1 or Gen 2 (if not Gen 3) Thumper owner.

I'm just curious. Thank you for your input Flint!
Straight to 90. Went to a local supplier, and he had only 90ies.
Keep in mind that until today, my Thumper was on a shimmed inline reg, and co2 only (hopefully with the external reg, ill be able to switch to HPA)
Old 10-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Straight to 90. Went to a local supplier, and he had only 90ies.
Keep in mind that until today, my Thumper was on a shimmed inline reg, and co2 only (hopefully with the external reg, ill be able to switch to HPA)
Yes, I think you'll have luck with the hpa, but I'd strongly suggest disabling your internal reg when using an inline reg. What kind do you have in mind (remember 300psi max input, although I normally need about 250-275psi to get to 290fps).

I would be willing to bet, even with 70 durometer, you'd have had success once you replaced the stock orings (why do they end up being so crappy for everyone?). Anyways, doesn't matter. Every day I become more convinced 90 is the way to go, especially when using an internal reg
Old 10-27-2012, 01:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Yes, I think you'll have luck with the hpa, but I'd strongly suggest disabling your internal reg when using an inline reg. What kind do you have in mind (remember 300psi max input, although I normally need about 250-275psi to get to 290fps).
i was planning to keep using the Stabilizer, it seems to be running smooth so far.
so crossing my fingers that HPA would work, because the internal reg on my Thumper doesnt like HPA...
Old 10-27-2012, 02:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Yea, a lot of people have said that. With their inline regs both my thumpers have zero problems with hpa, although jd said even though he uses an inline reg his preferred co2. like I said though, I (along with five folks I've teched thumpers for) have had no problems. just make sure you give everything a nice clean and lube (properly lube, lightly with the right lubricant - magnalube or vaseline for instance) before you try running it on hpa. good luck!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
I'd be down for 5 of your #2 rebuilds
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

So depending on how many mikeds80, Zondo and 808raoul want, what, we're at 19 of the #2 kits?
Old 10-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
AKA "BlackGates-5"

Quote:
So depending on how many mikeds80, Zondo and 808raoul want, what, we're at 19 of the #2 kits?
Update on the metric sizes: I sent in the order Friday afternoon, but didn't here back from the supplier, so I'm assuming they'll get in touch w/ me so I can make payment on monday; communication has been top-notch so far, so I'm assuming they were just closed by the time I sent it in. I should have them in my possession by late next week at the latest... once I recive them and inspect them to make sure they're not junk, I'll send out quotes to all who've posted in this thread!

Thanks again guys, and thanks again Toymachine! Looking forward to helping you guys out!

Figure I'll go ahead and start a running tally so it's easier for me to track who's interested so far:
Toymachine - 10-20x #2
vv0mp - 10x (?)
wooulf - 4x #2, 1x #1
Lilshank - 5x #2
808raoul - a couple
Zondo - 5x #2
VagabondStarJXF - interested
mikeds80 - a few
Ty - 2x #1, 2x #2, 84x 003
Timefreak17 - 2x #2, 1x #1
Mikes80 - 3x #2
NoMercyEver - interested
tencent - 2x #2
SnowZone - 4x #2
O-RINGS FOR SALE (EVERY SIZE! ANY QTY!): http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...110-115-a.html

My Feedback:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

VOTE SLIM A:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ote-slims.html

Last edited by short304; 11-06-2012 at 12:04 AM.
short304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by short304 View Post
Update on the metric sizes: I sent in the order Friday afternoon, but didn't here back from the supplier, so I'm assuming they'll get in touch w/ me so I can make payment on monday; communication has been top-notch so far, so I'm assuming they were just closed by the time I sent it in. I should have them in my possession by late next week at the latest... once I recive them and inspect them to make sure they're not junk, I'll send out quotes to all who've posted in this thread!

Thanks again guys, and thanks again Toymachine! Looking forward to helping you guys out!

Figure I'll go ahead and start a running tally so it's easier for me to track who's interested so far:
Toymachine - 10-20x #2
vv0mp - 10x (?)
wooulf - 4x #2, 1x #1
Lilshank - 5x #2
808raoul - a couple
Zondo - interested
VagabondStarJXF - interested
mikeds80 - a few
fixed

Again, you are very welcome Short! Truly my pleasure. After all, it takes two to tango, and more than two for an orgy!

I'm so pleased so many folks are opting for the 90 durometer. Once they're in circulation and more are using them, we'll get some much better info on how well they work and if they might be the beginning to a solution for the older/small diameter main pistons and internal reg.

Thank you to everyone who has give interest in getting one or more of these kits and posted here!

Last edited by toymachine; 10-28-2012 at 12:48 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers