mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-27-2012, 02:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
That's just because it's friday night
lol then i know what day to ask from now on.
Chupa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
I have a Dust Black SM-1 with a Dust Black CP reg. It follow the lines of the marker nicely, both size and shape. The finish is not a dead-on match, but looks good. I use a Ninja 13/3000 with the stock out-put of 800 PSI. The reg sweetspotted at about 320FPS +/- 4, underboring .004 (Deadlywind Fibur with Freak inserts), so I use the IVG to get the velocity down to 275 FPS (our field max is 280).

So while I do not have any experiance with the Palmer Regulators, I know they have a good reputation in the pump and autococker community, so I can not say how they compare. What I can say is the CP reg works great, as well as my T2 with the CCM reg.

Good Luck!
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. View Post
I have a Dust Black SM-1 with a Dust Black CP reg. It follow the lines of the marker nicely, both size and shape. The finish is not a dead-on match, but looks good. I use a Ninja 13/3000 with the stock out-put of 800 PSI. The reg sweetspotted at about 320FPS +/- 4, underboring .004 (Deadlywind Fibur with Freak inserts), so I use the IVG to get the velocity down to 275 FPS (our field max is 280).

So while I do not have any experiance with the Palmer Regulators, I know they have a good reputation in the pump and autococker community, so I can not say how they compare. What I can say is the CP reg works great, as well as my T2 with the CCM reg.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the feedback using your SM-1. Its also good to know what you have found to be a good pressure to shoot for. I plan on underboring as well but have not decided between the DW w/ freak inserts or the 3-piece 14-in quiet barrel kit from SM. Seems like I have good set of options for the regulator that will go well either way.

thanks again
Old 11-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

MHO I loath the sm insert system. really short control bore. highly recommend freak inserts slightly longer control bore over the shorter control bore sm system (plus with ty's inserts sold on mcb you can REALLY underbore on pretty much all paint, even though gog/sp now makes small bore sizes too). I've had good experiences with the fibur barrel on my thumper, but I only got it cause it's light as hell and my thumpers like light barrels. When I don't need super light barrels I prefer something more durable than carbon fiber, like brass/al/ss, but I know many folks love their dw barrels.
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
MHO I loath the sm insert system. really short control bore. highly recommend freak inserts slightly longer control bore over the shorter control bore sm system (plus with ty's inserts sold on mcb you can REALLY underbore on pretty much all paint, even though gog/sp now makes small bore sizes too). I've had good experiences with the fibur barrel on my thumper, but I only got it cause it's light as hell and my thumpers like light barrels. When I don't need super light barrels I prefer something more durable than carbon fiber, like brass/al/ss, but I know many folks love their dw barrels.
The kind of user exp I was hoping to hear, the DW was my first choice from the beginning but it never hurts to hear from others.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
While I cannot comment on the SM-1 barrel system, I do have or have owned quite a few others.

The Deadlywind Fibur with the Freak inserts are my favorites. I have a 10", 12" & 14" I use on my different markers, my fist choice if you like carbon fiber. I use these barrels most of the time.

If you like 1 piece aluminum, the Lapco Tightstick is awesome. Great looking, great bore quality, long control bore(10") and great finish too.

If you want a 2 piece aluminum I like the Critcal 100 G . Besides looking good, having great bore quality and being very light, the longer control bore is long enough to get a hold of when it gets stuck in your pump body. With the CP kit I had to take the pump handle off a few times when it got stuck.

I can vouch for all these choices, you can not miss with any of them.

Good luck!

Last edited by David A.; 11-03-2012 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Spelling
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

I also should have mentioned, I'm not a big fan of barrels over 12" inches (one exception is a sheridan project coming up where there'll be a 21" ss barrel in the works... anywho)...

My DW Fibur barrels are 8" and 12". BTH the Fibur 8" is the best 8" barrel I've ever used, short of the AGD stock barrel that came with my first minimag I still prefer my old glued 12" boomstick to my 12" Fibur, but it's a close second just because the inserts make is so much more practical
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers