mcarterbrown.com

Old 12-12-2012, 01:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Read through this thread, with attention to russc's posts in particular: Best FSR Barrels, Barrel Lengths and Bores?

to be frank, given its history of use as part of a larger marketing strategy in the paintball market (among others), I tend to find research/reports endorsed/involving/commissioned by companies that benefit from them to be suspect. not saying the work by hammerhead and CarmatechEng is b.s., just that as has been said, until it can be repeated and wider research by multiple parties has been done I'm just not inclined to support such a blanket conclusion. not saying I'm not excited about the potential of using a 20" long barrel that will end up being more effective than a 16" barrel, that would be fricking awesome and meet my needs perfectly. the conclusion about what barrel works best with fsr are far from concrete at this time, that's all
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

I've been working on a FS project for a couple of years now and since Hammerhead is a team sponsor (Redrum - redrumwoodsball.com) I've been able to do some testing. Nothing scientific, no slow motion video, just experience. Here's a vid of my last marker before Carmatech or Hammer 7 existed - First Strike Bolt Action Paintball Marker Demo - YouTube. That is a Mofo 14" Hammerhead barrel inside the shroud with a 0.683 fin.
I just bought and received a 14" Battlestixx .684, 0.683 fin, and M-50 tip to use on my new Hammer 7. Initial backyard tests look good. I'll post up a video next week of factory vs Hammerhead barrel.
Ghostrider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider77 View Post
I'll post up a video next week of factory vs Hammerhead barrel.
Did you ever get around to shooting that video Ghostrider? I'd be very interested to see how the hammer 7 performs with the FSR and HH.
johhny5 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers