mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

LAPCO '06+ Grey Ghost CA Setup

I just realized how comfy it is to mount a 13ci 3000psi Ninja Tank on my '12 Grey Ghost's vertical ASA adapter in conjunction with its T-Stock and a 12" Brass Extra Heavy PPS barrel.*

Of course, it's just as, if not slightly more so, comfy to mount a 3oz CO2 tank in the same position. I also prefer to use CO2, for a variety of reasons, but given HPA's relatively lower cost and easier availability I am limited to using 12gs if I want to use CO2 most of the time.

This is my alternative to running a bottomline with a HPA tank. But frankly I really don't like running large CO2 tanks on nelson based pumps. And frankly I don't like running the 13ci HPA tank on the bottomline either.

Thus I was very pleased to realize how much nicer it felt running my 13ci HPA tank on the VA! Very cool. Although it's almost twice as long as a 3 or 4oz CO2 tank, it doesn't weigh significantly more - especially with my PPS brass barrel.

Of course, it is nowhere near as use friendly when it comes to aiming or comfy all around with stock aluminum barrel, or any aluminum barrel. Ss barrels would probably be better than aluminum. Cf would probably be worse than aluminum.

You get the idea... In any case, the heavy barrel balances off my Ghost w/ 13ci tank mounted in VA perfectly. I say that my PPS brass barrel is "extra heavy" because, well, it is. This is thanks to a brass sleeve added to the outside of the barrel, bringing up the OD to about 0.901". This increase in OD doesn't negatively effect pump stroke or function of return spring whatsoever.

(1) What do you use in terms of CA on your '06+ Grey Ghosts?

(2) How/where do you have your CA tank mounted?

Thanks for the feedback!!!
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers