mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Click. Fwip. "OUT!"

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Autococker pump 12grams

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of making a truly stock class autococker. I was wondering if it would be easier/more efficient/better to run the 12gram changer straight through the VASA or run it through a reg.

Much Madness is the divinest sense - Emily Dickenson
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds - Emerson

Pdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
abandoned SCPer

CCM Fan
The reg will be WAY easier.

If you want to run 12grams vertically unregged be ready to do a lot of tinkering
Penarol10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

That depends... the definition of "true" stock class includes NO regulators allowed. But on the other hand regulators are vastly more efficient/easier to setup in shots per 12 gram. So which are you trying to achieve?
Old 12-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
I am stuck on bandaid...

A regulated setup will be less efficient than a properly tuned "straight in" setup, but "properly tuned" takes lots of effort with a 'cocker platform. Very heavy springs, devolumization, pre-2k internals, and low-flow non ported bolt and barrel will help you if you're going "straight in."
Old 12-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

It all depends on the valve you plan on using. If you aren't using a specifically built valve for high pressure - e.g. unregulated co2 @ 850psi - you should use a reg someone. Check out PPS's HP LT valve, with one of those you can run the 12g changer directly into the VA, where your inline reg would normally go. If you are using a stock valve, or common low pressure/mid pressure autococker valve (these are the majority of aftermarket and stock valves out there), you will get the best performance by using a reg. You have al ot of options here, using the reg mounted in the VA like stock setups or running a female stabilizer or some PPS specially mounted reg to accommodate the 12g changer.

So if you want to run a true stock class setup on your sniper/autococker pump, you need to look into high pressure (assuming you don't wanna deal with regs, which is my suggestion) as well as a spring kit. In any case, no matter what you do, a spring kit is pretty much necessary to get your gun tuned properly to run off of 12gs.

Good luck! Let us know what you end up doing. I personally love my old pre-97 r/f sniper, which uses a HP valve, maddman spring kit, and runs off 12g in the VA where the inline reg would normally go. Get about 30 shots per 12g, give or take. Great gun, lots of fun, nice and beefy design that ends up balancing perfectly to my tastes.
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

Regged all the way, as long as you aren't too hung up on "true" stock class. Tune it just like any low pressure cocker and you should be able to get 40 shots easy.
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Click. Fwip. "OUT!"

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Thanks Toymachine! I've got a CCM lower kit in there ATM. Will using a de-volumeizer force me to use a pre-2k valve setup?

Old 12-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Click. Fwip. "OUT!"

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Alright, I appreciate it T-T. I think I'll run a Reg for now and switch over when I get a HP valve.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdubs View Post
Thanks Toymachine! I've got a CCM lower kit in there ATM. Will using a de-volumeizer force me to use a pre-2k valve setup?
My pleasure! Yes and no. With the right springs you probably could get away with a lp/modern valve setup using the devolumizer. However you won't get the efficiency you otherwise could. If you are using a lp/normal valve you really should just reg your setup. A devolumizer alone won't make up for the correct valve, although it might help. In this situation you really just have to tinker to see what you can get out of it - again a prime example of why a spring kit, especially considering they're like 5-10$, is so important.

Just to point out, it's pretty easy to set up a 12g unregged sniper setup as long as you are using a HP valve and you get yourself a spring kit. With the spring kit and the HP valve, you probably won't need to spend more than 30 minutes or whatever to set the gun up - although while you're getting it tuned in terms of the spring kit and setting your IVG/velocity/hammer adjustment, use bulk/CA co2 - not 12g. This might sound obvious, and if it does you're on the right tract. I just point it out because otherwise, trying to tune a gun with 12g alone will result in a lot of wasted 12gs. Trust me, I know. In a few circumstances it cannot be avoided, but these, especially with today's equipment, it's worth getting whatever CA adapter to avoid it (i.e. with my new PG I have just purchases a CA adapter along with a valve tool I needed to get, simply because I don't want to have to rely on 12gs when I go about tinkering/tuning my new beauty, although atm it doesn't really need any work done... but I digress )

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdubs View Post
Alright, I appreciate it T-T. I think I'll run a Reg for now and switch over when I get a HP valve.
Yea, this is the best for now like you say.

Last edited by toymachine; 12-28-2012 at 05:53 PM.
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Click. Fwip. "OUT!"

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
How about something like a CART reg from palmers? I remember seeing one a while back.....

EDIT- Here it is.

Last edited by Pdubs; 12-28-2012 at 07:17 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers