mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lathe Fiend

It isn't a set screw. The stock karni ivg is designed to be locked. The beavertail screw actually protrudes into the lower tube and into a corresponding slot in the karni ivg. There is no o-ring on a karni ivg so they can move. Hence the beavertail screw going into one of those slots. By the way that purple acid karni is one of my dream karnis. I've seen it come up for sale twice and cried a little each time because I couldn't justify another karni.

Edit: you can see one pictured here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
CNC's are for nerds...
MCB Feedback

Sheridan Misc FS: Grips, bodies
sniper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
not your average redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6rocker View Post
=.
Idk what was with the IVG but it would visibly turn as in I would start w/ the holes aligned vertically and they would eventually work their way out of that position. The pump kit is what came with the gun when I bought it, i merely switched the ccm handle onto it because i liked the black and wanted the AT option. It came with a CCM handle on it and I was told it was an earlier CCM style pump kit. I could not for the life of me get the pump arm off of the pump handle, any words of advice on how to get it off (i tried strap wrenches and a pipe wrench wrapped around a strap wrench).
how it came to me:

Also, is your karni mini'd? It looks like the gap between the reg and frame is a lot smaller than on mine
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball

Last edited by tippmannrocker90; 02-15-2013 at 11:01 PM. Reason: added ?S
tippmannrocker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lathe Fiend

His karni is the later edition of ccm Karnivor kit. They offset the asa farther back. For the pump arm, it probably has loctite on it. You could try heating the area with a bic lighter or a candle and then unscrew it. You need to melt the loctite to get it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
CNC's are for nerds...
MCB Feedback

Sheridan Misc FS: Grips, bodies
sniper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippmannrocker90 View Post
Idk what was with the IVG but it would visibly turn as in I would start w/ the holes aligned vertically and they would eventually work their way out of that position. The pump kit is what came with the gun when I bought it, i merely switched the ccm handle onto it because i liked the black and wanted the AT option. It came with a CCM handle on it and I was told it was an earlier CCM style pump kit. I could not for the life of me get the pump arm off of the pump handle, any words of advice on how to get it off (i tried strap wrenches and a pipe wrench wrapped around a strap wrench).
how it came to me:
http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps9e856830.jpg
Also, is your karni mini'd? It looks like the gap between the reg and frame is a lot smaller than on mine

That is definitely not the right kit for that gun. My Karni is a full body with the later CCM Karnivor kit. The ASA slides onto the milled portion on the very front of the Karni body to give everything the proper length. The ONLY other Karnivor pump CCM made, and that will work properly on Karnivors is this one: Jeff Orr Karnivor Kit. But you will need the vertical ASA I linked in my other post for it to work right. This is kind of what it should look like:

I've been thinking about it and staring at the picture of your Karni since I first posted. I have an idea as to why the gun isn't cocking when you screw the backblock further in, too. The guide rods inside the pump handle are probably bottoming out inside the pump before the hammer can catch the sear. Either that, or the pump handle itself is hitting the end of the guide rods as there's just not enough room. As I said, that kit is for mini'd markers and is going to give you nothing but problems unless you replace it or have your Karnivor mini'd (please don't). It doesn't slide onto that thinner part of the body like the other kit, so everything is about an inch too far forward, which could explain your issues.

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
not your average redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6rocker View Post
I've been thinking about it and staring at the picture of your Karni since I first posted. I have an idea as to why the gun isn't cocking when you screw the backblock further in, too. The guide rods inside the pump handle are probably bottoming out inside the pump before the hammer can catch the sear. Either that, or the pump handle itself is hitting the end of the guide rods as there's just not enough room. As I said, that kit is for mini'd markers and is going to give you nothing but problems unless you replace it or have your Karnivor mini'd (please don't). It doesn't slide onto that thinner part of the body like the other kit, so everything is about an inch too far forward, which could explain your issues.
I thought this also, and it was doing that until I backed the backblock out one rotation and now that fixed the cocking problem. I'm going to try the lighter method to try to remove the cocking rod and flip it
Like Us on FACEBOOK
Old 02-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
not your average redneck

Also I lined this gun up with a full body 2k3 sniper and they are the same length (when the pump front block is included) I will message CCM though and see if they have any of the actual karni front blocks since they look a ton better, and I want to order some other parts anyway
Like Us on FACEBOOK
Old 02-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
You might not have much luck there, I think they only made them in a limited run a while back. Mine came with it, so I got lucky. There are other options too. GAT makes a Karnivor kit, as well as Sanchez Machine. The latter is actually a really nice all aluminum, dual guide rod kit. I've been keeping an eye out for Karni bodies because I really want to try one out. But here's a picture I dug up to try and help.

See how the very front of the body is milled out a bit thinner? Karni front blocks are supposed to slide onto that and sit flush against that second lip there. These two are a perfect example of how everything is supposed to fit.

See how they slide on and sit flush with that lip? That is what you want. The mini kit does not slide onto the body like a proper Karnivor front block, it sits right on the very end making everything about half an inch too long. Can it be made to work? I guess so, if yours actually shoots. But that kit is not desigined for Karnivors, and CCM will tell you the same thing. I hope whoever you got that from didn't tell you it's a legit Karni pump kit on there.

Again, I hope I'm not coming off as a pest, I'm just trying to help you get the right parts on that thing. Seriously, pick up a proper Karnivor kit and sell whats on there. Depending on what kit you get, you'll make most of your money back selling that mini kit, and you'll never have another issue with the gun.

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers