mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Pump Markers (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-markers/)
-   -   Electric loader.....overkill? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-markers/224013-electric-loader-overkill.html)

tlane77 01-20-2013 09:11 AM

Electric loader.....overkill?

Picked up an Empire Sniper and need all the stuff.

I'm trying to decide it I got with a 50 round Winchester, something like the Proto Gravity, or what I'm leaning towards is a Valken V-Maxx.

Price wise it's best to go with $5 winchesters. Profile wise I'm thinking The Valken.

Reason I am debating is I need a pack. I can put together something with my pistol belt that can be swapped quick or grab a cheap used NXe.

I still have to grab a tank so that is dependant of this.

nofxkid2005 01-20-2013 12:00 PM

I've seen plenty of people put a Rotor on their set-ups, so it's probably acceptable... Plus carrying and filling from 140s is really easy with a force fed/200 rd hopper. With that said, I'd just go with the Winchester. I found that when I put a Rotor on any of my Sniper builds that would fit it, it threw off the balance of the marker. This could just be me though. I put my Winchester on everything.

AlexH 01-20-2013 12:03 PM

i used a rotor and 68/45 on my ccm guns. i love the setup.

tlane77 01-20-2013 01:06 PM

It's more a question of getting an pod pack I guess. It's easier to find a regular 140 round pod pack than a 50 round pod pack. There's plenty out there that hold 50s.

I also just thought of sticking the 50s in a regular pack. Not like they fall in.

shredxcam 01-20-2013 01:10 PM

Best pack is a fast pack by empire
Holds 50 s and normal pods all day

tlane77 01-20-2013 01:13 PM

I'll check it out. I take it no "ejectors"

Wow I'm really dumb. I just had an epiphany.

gospeedgo1 01-20-2013 07:01 PM

regular pod packs hold 50 round pods like normal, they just will not eject out due to the length. i personally run a dye attack pack with homemade 60 round pods. whether you choose to run an electrical hopper is all personal preference, i think it makes the pump too top heavy and puts a big target on the top of your marker. unless i am playing something serious, i do not find much of a need for a big electric hopper. i run a winchester, to me, pump is about running a lighter setup.

Murf425 01-20-2013 07:31 PM

PBMafia makes two kinds of 50-round pod packs, too.

Personally, my favorite setup for an open class pump is to put on a Sportshot or similar, cut a hole in the lid, and epoxy in a Phantom feed cap. That way, I can fill up easily and quickly between games with 50 round pods, but I wear a Joyride to refill during the game. MUCH lower profile than any pack (even 50 rounders), still plenty of paint (150 rounds...same as carrying 3 pods), and you can reload whenever there's a lull, without having to worry about if you've shot enough out of your hopper to allow a full pod dump.

Works like a charm.

tlane77 01-20-2013 07:48 PM

Yeah this will be a speedball pump set up. I didn't mind a big set up when I played 5 man.

I emailed pbmafia to see if they'll make one a little bigger

Panda 01-22-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murf425 (Post 2599060)

Personally, my favorite setup for an open class pump is to put on a Sportshot or similar,

Plus ten on the sport shot, I have one on my pump (no auto trigger) and I have no complaints. One full pod completely fills it, but I tend to slightly under fill my pods so I get a 3/4 fill. I could also just use 50 pods but that would be too easy.