mcarterbrown.com

Old 05-29-2013, 12:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Interesting that some of you don't like the Lapco parts in a Nelspot as much as CCI parts... I love my Nelspot config with Ghost internals, don't think I could beat it with CCI parts (though I agree the CCI parts are well matched together to perform ideally). Maybe I just have a really good fitting set of lapco parts (in conjunction with the original bolt).
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

well I also ended up ordering the phantom internals with the asp tpc mod. Didn't really help with my velocity issues, although did seem to make the pump smoother.

I've tried all the spring combo's, different internals (lapco with and without fluted hammer, different sized power tubes, and cci with tpc mod) and still am only getting ~220 fps for the first 3-4 shots, then a drop to 190 for approx. 20 shots, then rapid velocity drops until empty. Not quite sure what is going on.

Ordered the ranger power tube from bacci, gonna try it next. Also gonna try a back bottle to see if that helps the velocity.
mycyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
No class

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
If you place all stock Phantom internals into your Nellie, it should perform as well as any other Phantom.
That's exactly what I thought and did. Your post here made me realize something I had not considered. I was so focused on the fact that the barrel length had changed as the main factor, I never considered the tube the internals ride in, or the sear/ trigger frame. I am going to look at things a little closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycyl View Post
well I also ended up ordering the phantom internals with the asp tpc mod. Didn't really help with my velocity issues, although did seem to make the pump smoother.

I've tried all the spring combo's, different internals (lapco with and without fluted hammer, different sized power tubes, and cci with tpc mod) and still am only getting ~220 fps for the first 3-4 shots, then a drop to 190 for approx. 20 shots, then rapid velocity drops until empty. Not quite sure what is going on.

Ordered the ranger power tube from bacci, gonna try it next. Also gonna try a back bottle to see if that helps the velocity.
Thanks for reporting back with updates. I expect you will see an increase with the Ranger power tube, but I don't think it will be the "fix" we are looking for.

My opinion is LAPCO internals are good, especially the hammers. The problem is, they are out of production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
Chad Thompson is Paintball!
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

You can buy lapco guts from either air soldier or Dan Bacci.

Also on a side note, I'm not sure if the lapco fluted hammer will help us.. As it is quite a bit lighter than the stock cci.. I think we need that added weight of the hammer..

If anyone else has any suggestions to help us out.. I'm sure were not the only ones having these problems..

Last edited by mycyl; 05-29-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
No class

I took a ball hone to the lower tube where the internals ride and it cleaned up nicely. It helped, as the velocity came up to 265fps. On top of that, I was able to get 20 shots off before velocity fell to to 230. Slowly making progress...
Quote:
Feedback
Old 06-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Rec Poster

What size ball hone did you use? And what kind of lube?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
No class

Sorry brother, I had every intention of measuring it and letting you know. I just used light cutting oil. It actually just barely fits the ID of the lower tube where the internals ride. If you want to borrow it to give it a shot, I'll loan it to you. Just P.M. me with shipping details.
With re springing, I got mine to shoot at 265-270 a few times now. It's weird, after a few consecutive shots, it will send a gas cloud, like liquid is escaping, then the velocity drops off. If I put it down right then and come back in a bit, it will shoot 265-270 again. I read where CJ had made a tube to separate the incoming CO2 from the outgoing at the valve here. I'm going to look at something like that next.
Quote:
Feedback
Old 06-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
It's weird, after a few consecutive shots, it will send a gas cloud, like liquid is escaping, then the velocity drops off. If I put it down right then and come back in a bit, it will shoot 265-270 again. .
This sounds like "Starvation" to me. I'll wager a nickel to say that the gas hole in the piercing pin has been partially obstructed, perhaps by crimping or other foreign matter.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
No class

Thank you sir, that may just possibly be the answer. I did notice the hole in th pierce pin looked tiny.
Quote:
Feedback
Old 06-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I discovered that due to the fact the 12g is so close to the valve, if you fired a few quick shots you would indeed start to freeze the valve and get that strange burp/cloud/drop.

This happened on my 007, and on CJ's old DSP...

The gas defuser CJ made would help this issue.
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers