mcarterbrown.com

Old 06-04-2013, 05:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Do you happen to know the grit of the hone? And the shootist is right.. sounds like you've got a blockage.. how much time between shots are you giving it? also, are you using the stock valve stem/pierce pin or a custom one?
mycyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
No class

I have the stock pierce pin. and the through hole on the piercing end is really small. I may be mis remembering (it's been 25 years), but I think my last 007 had a slash cut pierce pin, more like a syringe.
When testing, I will take about 10 seconds between shots.
I don't know the grit of the hone, but it's fairly course probably 220. it's not polishing the internal shiny, but it's not showing any of the surface rust anymore either. It cleaned up in a few quick passes. I also cleaned a bunch of gunk I couldn't see before from the corner in the barrel/body and noticed the bolt seats into the barrel better now too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
Chad Thompson is Paintball!
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I had my nelspot bead blasted inside and out.. After, I tried polishing with a wire brush but its certainly not a mirror finish.. I just ordered an 800 grit flex hone gonna see if that'll help..
Old 06-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #24 (permalink)
No class

I took the pierce pin out yesterday and took a jet reamer to it. The point end right where it pierces had a small burr to the inside I was able to clean up, but the hole in them is just plain small. I tested again and kept close notes including time between shots. I lost some CO2 while trying to charge the marker, my seal is a little finicky.
#1 265
#2 X @:30 Sec.
#3 X @:19
#4 251 @:18
#5 255 @1:14
#6 264 @:21
#7 259 @:20
#8 246 @:19 Noticed CO2 cart was cold
#9 259 @2:04
#10 241 @:20
#11 256 @1:24
#12 272 @2:20
#13 X @:15
#14 257 @:15
#15 X @26:23 No chrono read, but really shot good
#16 275 @:31
#17 262 @:19
#18 266 @:40
#19 241 @:20
#20 229 @3:11
Quote:
Feedback
Old 06-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
The Nelson Paint Company

Hi there,

Please see this thread. I may be of some help.

Nel-Spot 007 Original Parts

Please Explore The:
History of the Paint Ball
Nelson Paint in the News
www.nelsonpaint.com
www.nelsonpaintball.com
www.facebook.com/NelsonPaint
www.facebook.com/NelsonPaintball
Nelson Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #26 (permalink)
No class

Thanks for the useless advert Nelson, but it's Update time!
I created a valve insert similar to the ones spoken about here. I took their idea and improved on what I thought was the main draw back, I.D. Here is a shot side by side, my new larger diameter seal head vs a CCI seal head.

In doing this, I actually increased the I.D. of the insert to .550 (off the top of my head) and so far, it has been the best thing I have done to my 007. I just got my first test out and I got 28 good useable shots off. I noticed a much greater consistency right off the bat, with the first ten shots right between 262-267. Most of the shots taken in the test were between 255 and 270. Again, after the first 20 shots, I set the marker down for a few minutes. When I picked it back up, the 21st shot was 272 and slowly fell from there. my 27th shot was 254 and 28th shot was 245 at which point I heard the power tube vent post shot. I am happy with this progress, It was a lot of work getting there, but now it feels well worth it. I just wish I could get the friggin velocity up a little higher.
Quote:
Feedback
Old 06-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #27 (permalink)
Rec Poster

What did you use to make the valve insert? Ive been looking for brass from the local hardware stores but cant find anything close to the diameter needed.
Why did you switch valve retaining screws? are you using a powertube with a larger outside diameter?

I honed and polished my internals, gonna bore out my ranger powertube today and throw some paint over my chroni.. should have numbers soon.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
No class

I only made a new seal head to increase the I.D. of the valve body, giving more room for an insert. I picked up the uber thin wall brass from the local hobby shop. it's 5/8 o.d. by .015 wall. I posted up more in the linked thread, as I figured it would get more views. Right now, I have the velocity 270-280 and it's still getting 25 shots, but they fall off toward the end more. I am having some trouble with the Co2 sealing at the pierce pin though. and if I ref it down, it bows the whole valve body assay. and kills the velocity. I need to figure something better than the single screw as far as retaining the valve body in the frame.
Quote:
Feedback
Old 07-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #29 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I took a look at your valve body. Very nicely done! Are you using set screws aswell to hold in the valve or just the single screw?
Old 07-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
No class

I am using the set screws too. When I got it, the slot in the body had been cut all the way back and I think that's partially responsible for the valve being able to bow. I noticed if I straighten it out my velocity increases. I had it shooting 285 yesterday and still got 23 good shots off with a small leak. I feel like if I could get the valve and body to remain aligned, keep it from leaking and set the velocity it would be really efficient right now.
Quote:
Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers