mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Pump Markers (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-markers/)
-   -   Multi-ball feed "problem" (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-markers/226682-multi-ball-feed-problem.html)

JasonSaastad 02-19-2013 01:39 AM

Multi-ball feed "problem"

Have any of you ever had that problem? What was the cause? Is it possible to force it to happen?

The only pump I own is a DSG, and I want to make it a little more like a real shotgun and have it shoot three rounds after one stroke and pull. I know the velocity will go down, but I am a front style player and only need the paint to break at ~50 feet. Any suggestions?

Stilgar 02-19-2013 05:46 AM

I found with my DSG if I didn't pump it very quickly I would often get two rounds in the chamber due to the spring feed.

you could always pump an extra ball or two in if you wanted...

I did that by accident once. ended up shooting 5 rounds down range. Made me laugh so hard I go shot out!

Not recommended though, you cant aim them and the velocity is not great so you are likely to get a lot of bounces...

[MOOSE] 02-19-2013 08:03 AM

Plus every time I've had more then one ball in the chamber is always ended up being a huge mess in the barrel. Haven't done that with my DSG yet but plenty with my other pumps. That's just my $.02

JasonSaastad 02-19-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stilgar (Post 2629279)
I found with my DSG if I didn't pump it very quickly I would often get two rounds in the chamber due to the spring feed.

you could always pump an extra ball or two in if you wanted...

I did that by accident once. ended up shooting 5 rounds down range. Made me laugh so hard I go shot out!

Not recommended though, you cant aim them and the velocity is not great so you are likely to get a lot of bounces...

Good to know. I will look into getting a higher tension spring.

I'm thinking a larger chamber would help facilitate a multi-ball load as well.

I'll worry about the velocity later. For now, I just need to work on the loading.

idkfa 02-21-2013 12:22 AM

I used a Piranha SB before that would reliably shoot 4 balls without breaking. It was fun to scare people.

JasonSaastad 02-21-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idkfa (Post 2631274)
I used a Piranha SB before that would reliably shoot 4 balls without breaking. It was fun to scare people.

I take it you meant they didn't break in the barrel? Did you modify it in any way to get it to work?

Panda 02-21-2013 05:35 PM

I find that when I get a double feed my accuracy goes to crap and one ball usually flies way further than the other. That being said, I don't shoot a dsg. Good luck!

capitalpaintball 02-21-2013 05:57 PM

I have A big bore Armson on my Bushmaster pump, and I can deliberately double pump rounds. I use it to drop balls over the tops of bunkers because the velocity drops when I do it. accuracy is ball on ball some times and 3 foot spread on others.
Just don't try it with a tight fit barrel. tried it with a freak once and it broke every time.