mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
TBOPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
There was so much in this book I felt compelled to respond to. I was in the middle of a lengthy email outlining all sorts of feedback when I got to the end of the book and read this...

"I know not everyone is going to agree with every word in this book. I pretty much laid out all the things pump players should and shouldn't do in an opinionated way. I also made plenty of sweeping generalizations. That's sure to upset certain people. I can only say that such people should play the game more, and maybe create their own intuitions and write their own book.

The information in this book is only verified by me and my experiences and intuition."

Ahhh, I see. OK, never mind. Cheers! LOL!
If that e-mail you were going to send still exists as a draft, please send it!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
TBOPP

Thanks everyone for your input. Next time I post an update it'll be see a much finer product
Old 04-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've been an almost 100% stock class player. 2009 was the last time I played with a semi. Last year I played about 20min with an open class. I'm about half way through the book. There is a lot af excellent info. I would not have some one new to paintball read this at this time. I feel there is to much misinformation. I started playing in the mid to late 1990s with an open class pump. At that time I would have agreed with 95% of this. Over the years many of my misconceptions about pumps vs semi autos have been proved wrong. Today even a very cheap semi auto is accurate and can out shoot most individuals with auto trigger. I also have some issues with tactics. I strongly agre with being aggressive, thinking and manuvering. I would never discourage teamwork. A team is always stronger then an individual. By team I mean a group of people working together for the same goal, not a group of individuals shouting at one another. Don't ever underestimate your opponent.

I think this book has potential to be great.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers