mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3022 View Post
The values are not fully comparable, because the all markers shoot in different temperature, humidity, with different paint and powerlets... But it is better to have some values than none.
I guess I just don't understand how comparing different test results that don't provide critical information, and that are conducted in completely different conditions, with completely different equipment, with completely different paint and 12-grams will be of any use to anyone who is looking for an accurate assessment of actual efficiency.

Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Custom Work
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT Exclusively

Slim's Spring Stock Classic - USA vs. Canada!

Buy my BadAss Stock-Class T-Shirts

My CCI, RTR, Carter, Flasc and TechT Stock-Class Parts Purge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim
There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference.
My MCB Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
I guess I just don't understand how comparing different test results that don't provide critical information, and that are conducted in completely different conditions, with completely different equipment, with completely different paint and 12-grams will be of any use to anyone who is looking for an accurate assessment of actual efficiency.
Imho you are to clever perfectionist for man, who is not able put here heve only one velocity chart :-).

The reallity is that the "different conditions" do not play role. As you can see unmodified factory markers are out of this competention. And get above 350 Joules from tunned marker is really hard, commonly you need to know very good what are you doing. When you have best equipment, then you have the best results. Most important variable is paint and that can be handlet with suitable barrel. Temperature and humidity and such like nonsenses are not so important like marker itself - at least in common differences.

Anyway you can ask to the owners of these markers for details. I have even links on the posts in which were the values published.
3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Imho you are to clever perfectionist for man, who is not able put here heve only one velocity chart :-).

The reallity is that the "different conditions" do not play role. As you can see unmodified factory markers are out of this competention. And get above 350 Joules from tunned marker is really hard, commonly you need to know very good what are you doing. When you have best equipment, then you have the best results. Most important variable is paint and that can be handlet with suitable barrel. Temperature and humidity and such like nonsenses are not so important like marker itself - at least in common differences.

Anyway you can ask to the owners of these markers for details. I have even links on the posts in which were the values published.
OK, I'll admit I'm having a difficult time trying to understand what you are trying to accomplish here. From what I've read it seems that factoring in the multitude of variables involved in providing an accurate comparison and assessment of CO2 efficiency isn't your goal. All you are looking to do is compare random and incomplete test results from "the best" equipment (whatever that may be), while ignoring scientific facts regarding how CO2 operates because it's "nonsense", and then convert the abridged info into Joules in order to see who on MCB has the highest score. Is this correct?

Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Custom Work
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT Exclusively

Slim's Spring Stock Classic - USA vs. Canada!

Buy my BadAss Stock-Class T-Shirts

My CCI, RTR, Carter, Flasc and TechT Stock-Class Parts Purge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim
There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference.
My MCB Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to oldironmudder

From the last time I used my Sterling. My Sterling & 12 grams

Arkansas Paintball Exchange <-BST for Arkansas & surrounding states
oldironmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldironmudder View Post
Very informational oldironmudder.
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
OK, I'll admit I'm having a difficult time trying to understand what you are trying to accomplish here. From what I've read it seems that factoring in the multitude of variables involved in providing an accurate comparison and assessment of CO2 efficiency isn't your goal. All you are looking to do is compare random and incomplete test results from "the best" equipment (whatever that may be), while ignoring scientific facts regarding how CO2 operates because it's "nonsense", and then convert the abridged info into Joules in order to see who on MCB has the highest score. Is this correct?
You are correct that the goal ist find the hightest score. If is not enought for you, you can surely dry make more exact and scientific research if you wish (best in another thread). Goal here is simply find the best results. As I have said the all details can be "solved" with the "winner".

When you will be able put some better data here will it be another. But you have showed nothing, only...

"Problem" is that from begining I have strong feeling from you that altrought you ask questions, in reallity you do not will hear the answers, you will only show "superiority of your contempt" above this attempt which is not yours. If im wrong then sorry, but I do not think so.

I really like peoples what speak about "scientific facts" but do not having the basic knowledge.

Fact is that nearly all players chronoing markes in temperatures between 10-35C, where are the differences are negligible, at least compared to the influence of tunned marker. Partialy because the powerlet is commonly little protected by the user from "opposite" ambient temperature, partially because the effect of chilling of the powerlet during shooting by CO2 expansion plays a lot bigger importance than the ambient temperature, partially because the common doosing valve regulates itself a little when changes the pressure in the valve chamber, trought valve dwell with effect of pressure on the cup seal.

Powerlets brands in common deviations are even so insignificant - partially becasuse the peoples what doing such like tunning do not using really bad powerlets commonly.

So from my point of view it is clearly visible that you are... not informed. So stop please speaking about "scientific facts" and "accurate comparisons".

Lead, follow or go out of the way.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldironmudder View Post
Only to have the work easier: do you have the data in Excel?
Old 03-31-2013, 08:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Only to have the work easier: do you have the data in Excel?
Excal, nope. I did a spread sheet then screen shot way back when before I put the reg on there.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

O.K. Anyway thank you for the data.

I will work on the values tomorrow. Conversion of the values of the last test (#15) in kinetic energy gives me 353 Joules. Really good result... it is really heavy get above this value.

It was the new Sterling? I own three sightly modified Sterlings Bronze, but I using them only CA. One shoots 290 fps with 0,2g CO2 per shoot, on unregulated CO2 with stock .689" barrel.

Perhaps you can get even better results than you now have, with help of lightened hammer and entlarget port in frame from valve to bolt. At least in my Sterlings it has helped a lot.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

I know I can get it better but I dont have the time nor play enough to completely justify it. Umm... Dean told me he bought it around 1990-1991. I got it a few years ago.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers