mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-06-2013, 06:55 AM   #51 (permalink)
12 Gram Miser

Brass N Wood Fan
Sure, but this is a competition for the most efficient stock-class markers in the known universe, not the 95th percentile average :P
Differences in ambient (40%) mightn't end as up a massive factor, but requires less than a minute on Google Earth to correct.

Last edited by neftaly; 05-06-2013 at 07:30 AM.
neftaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #52 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to oldironmudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3022 View Post
Interesting. You were able get out of your Sterling 347 Joules without reg, safely below 300 fps and with decent cosistency. With my - imho - allround well tuned P68SC I was not able get such like result.

I have put your results in following Excel Table: http://www.pgp.mysteria.cz/docasne/o...g_Sterling.xls

Years of tuning the ever loving **** out of Spyders. My best was well over a case of paint to a 20oz.

My Sterling, Next time I goto the field I will spend some time at the chrono with my camera (video) & get some new numbers since it is regged now.

Crossroads Paintball Field - Clarksville, Arkansas 5.5 miles from I40

Arkansas Paintball Exchange <-BST for Arkansas & surrounding states
oldironmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

Neftaly, imho this is no so much serious “race” and the most essential variable are here the balls.

You can get little different results when you will make several tests in the same moment, with the same marker, with the “same” paint (especially when you set the velocity high to have less, high power shoots).

In this weekend I have found that with sorting bigger/smaller paint (the initial reason of the test was to find how is the marker self consistant without effect of the crap paint with assorted good/bad paint) from one bag I can get +4% KE difference in 20 shot stings with tunned Sterling on CA.

Generally the whole credibility of the here given results / values comes only from individual reputation of the specific MCB members. There are many ways how get better results, which are similar to “cheating” even when you do not lying and have controlled other conditions (temperature):

- you can heat the powerlet in hand before / during shooting (some markers / q-changers allow that) and you will perhaps get some more percents .

- you can use so tight paint to bore match which will lead you to guaranteed sealing even with the inperfect paint, but with more paint breaks than are acceptable for marker which should be really usable.

- you can use parts which are better for efficiency / by which you can obtain better efficiency easier, but which having limited lifetime – in nelsons powertubes with thicker walls and little bigger ID, in all conventional markers cup seals with smaller OD, you can use aluminium alloy instead steel for hammer to get smaller weight with the actual shape.

But bassically I see the main purpose of this thread now:
- to find where is roughly the max. efficiency which can be achieved (momentally it looks be somewhere above 470 J/12g)
- to compare how good is your own marker opposite others

For both we do not need having “scientific” accuracy.
The marker itself plays still the biggest role and the second is the paint. Other factors looks be nearly negligible to them, in their common deviations.
3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #54 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldironmudder View Post
... My Sterling, Next time I goto the field I will spend some time at the chrono with my camera (video) & get some new numbers since it is regged now.
My unregulated CA Sterling (tunned for quietness) consumes now less than 0.23g CO2 per shoot with avelerage velocity 257 fps (=9.5 J). Theoretically it should be 52.17 shoots per 12g what means ~494 Joules per powerlet.

Surely it will be not so good, but I waiting impatiently on next weekend to find how good he will really be on 12g.

Last edited by 3022; 05-06-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #55 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
My unregulated CA Sterling (tunned for quietness) consumes now less than 0.23g CO2 per shoot with avelerage velocity 257 fps (=9.5 J). Theoretically it should be 52.17 shoots per 12g what means ~494 Joules per powerlet.

Surely it will be not so good, but I waiting impatiently on next weekend to find how good he will really be on 12g.
Rattling my brain here, I think I was shooting 265-270 last time I played & could empty my hopper (WGP Ammo Box 40 rounds or so) & have enough to keep shooting.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:35 AM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

The my, mentioned Sterling on powerlets:

Total 421 Joules and 363 Joules in the shoots in 235-300 fps range.
Avelerage velocity of the first 43 shoots: 249.5 fps.

Up to now it is the most efficient know Sterling... trought that the conditions of the test have not been the best - the paint was really crap and there was leak after piercing of the powerlet, up to ~ thrid shoot (I have disasembled the valve before the test, so the cup seal need "find thier proper place"...).

Details about the test conditions and the marker are here: Sterling CA efficiency tunning
Old 05-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #57 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Up to now it is the most efficient know Sterling...

So..... You are going to make me get around to a shooting video much sooner than planned. I am really interested in what my Sterling gets since I handle paint a good bit more than 12 grams while playing.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

Good to hear that - I need someone to push me forward.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #59 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Cool thread, will do you some Retro 7 tests in the near future and see how many of our stock and modified units will go over the 500 joule mark

(also my nelspot with grey ghost internals for comparison)
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

heinous Avratech Retro 7 results:

look not best - even with the more efficient aftermarket .681" Empire barrel he has only max. 275 J.

On other side results from sniper97 Retro 7 (Avratech Retro 7 Unboxing and Review) showing 390-417J.

I have not yet extrapolated the values from BLachance75 graph (Avratech Retro 7 Unboxing and Review) but they look very similar to sniper97, perhaps only very little better.

Everthing what can get ~35 shots above 250 fps is very good, but up to now it looks for me like "regular phantom style" paintgun - similar to Redux... nice but with no real advantage in efficiency... altrought the your new TPC looks interesting... Perhaps you can get more from Retro 7. We will see.

Last edited by 3022; 05-11-2013 at 05:25 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers