mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-07-2013, 02:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Top of the line right feed?

Since getting a new semi my mag has only seen service as a pumper, but I'm starting to give serous thought to trading it in for a dedicated pump with a clear sight line (no vert feed) better efficiency and maybe an auto trigger.

What does that leave me these days? I'm nervous that nelsons will break our fragile field paint and ccm seems to think pumps should have the sight line blocked.

I think what I'm after is a ccm t2 with right hand feed... Or at least a sight rail for an occluded eye sight. Maybe a sterling with right hand feed?
Old 04-07-2013, 03:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
It may not be top of the line, but a Trracer (the Empire one, not the old one) is a great right feed pump while being 1/5 the price of the T2.

I don't know what is making you think that nelson valve guns will be hard on paint, I've never had a break in my Trracer or Phantom. But then again, it could just be the field paint you have to use.

I will agree that ordering a T2 with a right hand feed will be your best option in that price range as all expensive pumps are vertical feed because that's what most people prefer.

You can always go the less expensive but just as effective route of building your own sniper using a right feed body. I built a RF sniper with CCM everything but the body and reg. I ended up paying half of what I would if I got a T2 or S6.5 and it's just as smooth and quiet.
B3ARC1AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Bartman

AKA Fan
would have to agree, I have never had a paint problem with a nelson based gun, although nelson based guns are not for everyone.

you can build or even find a nice right feed sniper for 1/2 or even 1/4 the cost of a t2/6.5 , and be playing with it next weekend , as apposed to 6 weeks later with a custom build.

[Bart
Its always better with a pump, and camo
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...l#post2603541y
Bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

The Nelson concern comes from a failed attempt to run a hammer 7 in December. Tons of barrel breaks...
Old 04-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
That's mostly because it's a gun made by Kingman Spyder, not because it's a nelson. The springs in their mags are far too hard and their poor quality detents have caused problems in about everyone's Hammer 7.
B3ARC1AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
finally down to one gun

CCM Fan
there are plenty of right feed sniper bodies out there you could build up for your needs

or you could get a right feed t2 its all gonna be a preference thing...decide what you really think you want/need and go for it

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers