mcarterbrown.com

Old 04-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

pump stroke question

So I want to acquire a smooth pump stroke...
I have the BASIC vendetta pump kit which I would like to swap to the legit vendetta sometime. Would this REALLY improve the smoothness of the stroke or not so much?
To me, it seems like the pump stroke hits its peak of torq (or difficulty) when the bolt hits the hammer to put tension on the main spring. If I swapped the main spring out to a softer one will this play a huge roll on the performance? I know the pump stroke will be easier but I'm sure this will change the velocity right?
Snowking63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking63 View Post
If I swapped the main spring out to a softer one will this play a huge roll on the performance? I know the pump stroke will be easier but I'm sure this will change the velocity right?
Correct. A softer/weaker spring will lower your velocity.

How to deal with a girl who is more into you, than you are into her:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
What ever happened to the Hit-It-And-Quit-It answer? Knock the bottom out of that, let her know it's all physical for you and then bounce like a dropped baby.
Hawkeye20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCD Member

So you would want a lighter valve spring to go with it. Otherwise you'll end up screwing the IVG in so far that it negates the benefit of having a lighter main spring.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

so whats the whole point of a good pump kit? that only makes the stroke smooth until it hits the hammer??
Old 04-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pump Evangelist

CCM Fan
Smooth is not that same as soft. I good pump kit is smooth throughout the pump stroke whether it is pushing the hammer back over a strong spring, weak spring or returning the pump handle to the forward position. I good kit will be smooth and not bind or twist.

If you want a smooth and soft stroke, then as others have said you need to replace the main spring and valve spring.

paintball is more than just a game...its a hobby MCB Feedback
BiggsFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

if you want, you can run CCM valve and hammer springs with stock WGP internals for a lighter pump stroke. the SLPS (super light pump stroke) spring set maggot in the dealers forum is selling look like a good alternative too. i personally am running the CCM springs in my pumps with WGP or Check it internals.
gospeedgo1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

awesome thanks for the advice
Old 05-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Spoon

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
PBN Fan
Get a kit of the SLPS from Maggot (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...ring-kits.html)
I got a set the other day threw them in a pump a buddy has(mine is not done yet) and the results were amazing his pump has a horrid pump stroke and with these springs in it the thing was 100% better, for the price you can't beat Maggot's springs.
C'mon, this is America. You know some of that "time better spent elsewhere" is playing paper football and scoping out milfs. Productivity is never 100%. America.
Zanied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Does that kit only come with 1 valve and 1 main ? Would it just be better to get the madman springs?
Old 05-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking63 View Post
Does that kit only come with 1 valve and 1 main ? Would it just be better to get the madman springs?
If you need the ability to tune beyond what can be achieved with the IVG and reg, you'll need the extra springs; but, the SLPS springs are paired to achieve a specific function. If your reg and IVG (don't see why this wouldn't be the case) allow you to achieve your desired velocity with the SLPS springs, you'll have a light pump stroke; lighter (by others' accounts) than is possible with the Madmann's lightest springs. We'll see. I've been using CCM's springs, which only come as 1 of each also, and it is pretty darn light on the pump stroke; even with the pump arm return spring. I'll try to comment more when the SLPS springs get here.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers