mcarterbrown.com

Old 06-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Maddman Spring kit

I'm looking at the maddman spring kit for my pumped Gx-3. I'm looking to lighten the pump stroke while increasing constancy over the chrono. Would this spring kit have what I'm looking for
For reference my pump is a Gx-3 with the ccm economy kit, cp reg, and lapco fuse barrel
Smidiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Yes, the Maddman spring kit will help to lighten the pump stroke as the kit includes springs that are softer than the stock springs so you will have less resistance on your pump stroke. I've used it and it worked well, not as well as buying full on CCM internals though.

You can also look into the SLPS (super light pump stroke) spring kit sold by Maggot. I haven't used it, but other people have posted saying it works well and your pump stroke will be noticeably lighter.

Using the correct spring set up will help with consistency, but you will also need to sweetspot your regulator too as that will affect consistency the most. If you do not know how to do that, there should be information in one of the stickies that will explain how to do it.

FOR SALE: CCM'd Sniper

B3ARC1AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ARC1AW View Post
Yes, the Maddman spring kit will help to lighten the pump stroke as the kit includes springs that are softer than the stock springs so you will have less resistance on your pump stroke. I've used it and it worked well, not as well as buying full on CCM internals though.

You can also look into the SLPS (super light pump stroke) spring kit sold by Maggot. I haven't used it, but other people have posted saying it works well and your pump stroke will be noticeably lighter.

Using the correct spring set up will help with consistency, but you will also need to sweetspot your regulator too as that will affect consistency the most. If you do not know how to do that, there should be information in one of the stickies that will explain how to do it.
Reg is sweet spotted, my gun is fairly consistent, I'm just trying to get the numbers closer together.
Thank you for the answer
Old 06-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
If it's already consistent with a sweetspotted reg the next thing you can do is get a proper bore match with your paint and barrel, and then only buy high quality fresh paint.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ARC1AW View Post
If it's already consistent with a sweetspotted reg the next thing you can do is get a proper bore match with your paint and barrel, and then only buy high quality fresh paint.
Always do

I'm just trying to lighten the pump stroke for the most part. I don't want to hurt my current consistency and improving it would just be a bonus
Old 06-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
You certainly won't hurt your consistency if you use the right spring combo. If you go with the Maddmann kit then the green (softest) main and blue (medium) valve spring is what most people use. The SLPS kit only has one valve and one main spring, so there is no choice in that one.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
No class

Great, now I am missing my GX3... Thanks Smidiet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
Chad Thompson is Paintball!
Feedback
RatFink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
Great, now I am missing my GX3... Thanks Smidiet...

No Problem
Old 06-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
No class

Yup, great markers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
Chad Thompson is Paintball!
Feedback
RatFink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
Purty, My pneumatics are sitting in the tool box. I'm on a pump team, they get mad when you have a stock autococker xD

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers