mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-14-2013, 06:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
Im new to pump but had a chance to use my friends Sterling recently,WOW what a difference from my H7(love it) or Cocker pumps
So much smoother,on my Holy Grail list now
I love my Sterling's, all 3 of them! IMO I think they are the "best" pump marker out there. Like I said "In My Opinion", I've shot many different pumps but never a CCM (yet), and I love how buttery smooth the stroke is. Now I have 2 Proline's and 1 Arrow Precision Jubilee. The down side to the Proline Sterling's are the only way to adjust the velocity is with changing the springs whereas the Arrow Precision Sterling's use a long allen key to adjust the velocity. Because of the spring adjustment on the Proline version the action isn't as "easy" to stroke as the Arrow Precision Sterling's.

Just my $.02
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Sixfootsix

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I actually sold off my two Sterlings to fund a S6.5 and have no regrets at all.

Feedback Youtube Channel
Waylost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
I realize I will likely be alone in this, but I really love my Kingman Hammer A.

-well worked in for a super smooth stroke
-Freak back was dirt cheap
-takes as many frames as the Phantom
-dirt cheap
-eliminations are that much sweeter as people realize they got shot out by a Kingman. Nothing's quite as cool as the wounded pride that seems to flow when people find out they got shot by my POS Spyder

Cons
-a bit more difficult to find parts
-not as customizable as a Phantom

For me, it's a great bang-for-buck that got me re-interested in pump play.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Sterling specifically a new sterling stp, it needs a bit of work to be it's best though. PPS barrel or two, regulator, modified air supply.

Why?
Compact size, auto trigger, crazy smooth stroke, easily convertable feed, light but not too light, all around great guns.
Donkey Oatey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #25 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
I realize I will likely be alone in this, but I really love my Kingman Hammer A.

-well worked in for a super smooth stroke
-Freak back was dirt cheap
-takes as many frames as the Phantom
-dirt cheap
-eliminations are that much sweeter as people realize they got shot out by a Kingman. Nothing's quite as cool as the wounded pride that seems to flow when people find out they got shot by my POS Spyder
For me, it's a great bang-for-buck that got me re-interested in pump play.
These are the same reasons I like my old PMI Trracer; a gun with virtually zero prestige. I can mod it to my heart's content with stuff I have, without sinking much cash into it. The only thing that I will have to splurge on is the barrel, because those are hard to find nowadays.

Areas of special interest:
|:| Autocockers |:| VM-68 |:| Sterling |:| Phantom |:|
Mugged2Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankW View Post
I'm going to say that if you're not playing tournament, don't worry too much about the absolute best performance. Play with whatever makes you happy... and why stop at just having one pump... .
Absolutely this. Nelson's are a great platform and very easy to work on. If you are looking at tourney play then Snipers and CCM's are where you want to be. If you're into woodsball/scenario then the world's your oyster.

Personally, I've moved from Nelson to Sheridan platform guns because I love the efficiency and silky smooth operation of the Sheridan platform, but keep in mind that there's a wide quality range of Sheridan platform guns. My caveat is that I use Palmerized Sheridan guns, for the most part.

Also consider whether or not you care about auto trigger or not. I have no love for AT as I'm a pump purist. My thoughts on AT are if you rely on it then just play semi.

In conclusion, I hate playing with center feed pumps because pump to me is chambering a round, aiming, and taking out your target. So, I play with open class right side feed pumps with a variety of sights, this is my personal preference, but it hasn't let me down.
C4 Explosives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #27 (permalink)

In my book it's got to be a stock class Phantom or some variation on the theme.
I've never owned a marker that is as fun to use, challenging, and rewarding as that one.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:29 AM   #28 (permalink)
Born Again n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Explosives View Post

Also consider whether or not you care about auto trigger or not. I have no love for AT as I'm a pump purist. My thoughts on AT are if you rely on it then just play semi.

In conclusion, I hate playing with center feed pumps because pump to me is chambering a round, aiming, and taking out your target. So, I play with open class right side feed pumps with a variety of sights, this is my personal preference, but it hasn't let me down.
Totally agree

I am a nelson guy..they are so EZ and cheap to work on and sometimes I like just taking all the ones I own apart and seeing what parts interchange with what guns and just try stuff out for the sake of doing it....hmmm wonder what this power tube will do or what this spring combo will do...etc. etc. etc.

Tinkering is half the fun for me.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #29 (permalink)

I went with the CCM T2 quad rod setup with the thick 45 frame.

They are American made, have a variety of custom options all tailored to what you want and your style of play, Lifetime warrantee to original owner, Fantastic customer service, and out of the box good to go performance and reliability. Fit and finish are 2nd to none. Amazing resale if you buy something you don't want. Tho most CCM owners don't sell there markers much. If they do its only to buy a new CCM. I would buy another in a hart beat.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Best pump marker and why.

Keep playing with the Sniper, CCM is awesome but is probably not worth your money. In my mind it's not that much different then your Empire Sniper.
If you find yourself wanting to play stock pump, get a Phantom. Some places claim to make a better pump, and I'll admit the Phantom isn't perfect, but I find myself comparing every new gun I buy to the Phantom. I the end I keep returning to my Phantom. I had a custom Palmer Superstocker made a few years ago and I love it. It's incredible, but I often think it was a lot of $. If I was considering doing it over I don't think I could justify it to myself. It's a wonderful gun but at more then twice the price of my Phantoms that I equally enjoy. Another thing to keep in mind, Phantom reliability and costumer service is second to none.

Don't get me wrong if you have and want to spend the $ on a CCM go ahead. We all want one, just most of us can't afford it.

Last edited by 1shot; 09-04-2013 at 01:41 PM.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers