mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #51 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
For the last year and a half I have been shooting a prototype version of a loader I just put a patent application in for. The prototype is ABS. It is a mechanical force feeder that is designed to hold 65 balls. It's just a touch longer and taller than a Winchester/APP, but not by much. At its widest, it is about the width of a Halo. I don't know how fast it feeds, but I shot it on an electro at Decay of Nations 6 for a little while and it had no problems keeping up.
This is exactly what I want. Any idea on time frame? Is it a rip drive modded to a custom shell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #52 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I'm working on designing the molds right now. Having troubles finding somebody with both the interest and the time to machine the molds.

It is all my design. I used things for inspiration, but no parts that I used came from another loader.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #53 (permalink)
MilSim

Quote:
For the last year and a half I have been shooting a prototype version of a loader I just put a patent application in for. The prototype is ABS. It is a mechanical force feeder that is designed to hold 65 balls. It's just a touch longer and taller than a Winchester/APP, but not by much. At its widest, it is about the width of a Halo. I don't know how fast it feeds, but I shot it on an electro at Decay of Nations 6 for a little while and it had no problems keeping up.

So long as it isn't a remodeled Inception hopper
WholemealDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #54 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I don't know how long Simon has been sitting on the Pico, but I started designing this over two years ago.

Quote:
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
Old 10-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #55 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Keep us updated on the progress. An alternative variation of the winchester hopper is going to turn many heads.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #56 (permalink)
MilSim

Good enough for me. I saw your second post after I had posted my last one. Whole thing going for you is that it sounds like yours will be smaller and isn't going to use Halo internals (which could or could not be a pro or con) either way I'd say post up a pic!
WholemealDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:12 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm working on designing the molds right now. Having troubles finding somebody with both the interest and the time to machine the molds.
That's kind of surprising. An injection molding company should be happy to put you with whoever their pattern guys are. If you have good drawings that are Solidworks compatible that will save a lot of time.
No Have MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #58 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Have MSG View Post
That's kind of surprising. An injection molding company should be happy to put you with whoever their pattern guys are. If you have good drawings that are Solidworks compatible that will save a lot of time.
I can't afford to go through a company. I designed and made my own injection molder and have one mold designed ready to be built.

Quote:
Feedback
Old 10-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #59 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Just wanted to give a heads up that I'm not ignoring anyone. I have one geometry issue with the shells that I was trying to correct by hand. Long story, but it's not working out, so I will have to have new shells made. I'm also finishing off another project that until it's finished takes up a lot of my working area in my garage. Once that's done I will be much more dedicated to the loader. Looks like I'm going to give castings another shot and see what the results are.

Quote:
Feedback
Old 11-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #60 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Here ya go:

DT1 Dust Devil prototype (mechanical force feed loader)

Quote:
Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers