mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
Carbon Fiber Gravity Hopper for pumps?

CCM, Bob Long and others provide the great, high-end pump markers, Deadlywind provides the great barrels, Ninja provides the great tanks, Tonsixer and Stormin-normin provide the custom add-ons…something is missing from this list, a great hopper!

How does it make sense to put a $5 or $10 hopper on a $700 (or more) CCM…It does NOT!

How does it make sense to buy a $5 Winchester for $25 (off eBay) and spend another $5 on a DYE Lock-lid and coble them together for a $30 hopper that will break when it get hit a few times...It does not! Of course this is what most of us do since we have no good alternative.

Now I have seen some pumpers put ROTORS, Spires or other “speed-ball” hoppers on their pumps, but most of the really dedicated pumpers use or at least have a few small 50-100 round gravity hoppers. The problem is they are all poorly made and most poorly designed.

We need a great, compact, gravity hopper. Something like a Winchester only better and made of carbon fiber. Does not need to be cheap, does need to be a great design, light-weight, compact and high quality.

No sense asking Colin at Deadlywind to make something like this unless he will sell a lot of them, or at least enough for them to be profitable.

Any support?

My Pumps:
CCM T2 (x2), CCM Series 5 RF #20, CCM Series 5 (x3), CCM SS-25 (x2), WGP Karnivor Mid-Block Sniper, WGP Black Magic Sniper, WGP 2K RF Sniper, FreeFlow Lotus Sniper, Bob Long Black MVP, CCI Under-Cocking Phantom, Palmer's 1K Blazer Pump.

Last edited by Schmitti; 08-23-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Took opening paragraph from other post below and stuck it here now that it's in the general Pump forum
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
A couple of issues with your theory.

You can make a better hopper for much cheaper with plastic.

Pump Paintball players have been begging for a small force fed/ agitated hopper for AGEs and it hasn't happened yet because...

Paintball players in general are cheep!

Yes we will drop huge money on markers... But everything else must cost only pennies or it won't be 'worth' it

You may be able to convince a few people to spend the money but then the hoppers will be very expensive customs...

I do however agree that it is about dam time for a quality pump hopper!!!!
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. View Post
No sense asking Colin at Deadlywind to make something like this unless he will sell a lot of them, or at least enough for them to be profitable.
there is your problem.

nobody wants to take on a project, and know they wont get there money out of it

i love my winny

i love my spire

have somebody make a low cap shell for a rotor or spire

if i am spending more than $20 on a hopper, it needs a motor
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

I agree with the sentiment but I don't see carbonfiber as offering any benefit over the plastics that are already used, other than looking cool and being a few hundred dollars more expensive.

I get plenty of use out of my classic PMI Sportshots and newer (still in production) Extreme Rage Sportshots. They're durable as ****, low profile, reliable, simple and good looking - they also cost under $10. Mine feed reliably enough to be used rattle-free with pumps and mechs.

I'd pay double (up to $20) for an ER Sportshot in a different color, to better match some of my markers. I'd also buy a 50-100rd Proto Primo if they made one with an MSRP of $40 or less. Those are two avenues that would be easier for companies to pursue.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Make yourself a carbon fiber Oil Can loader... a round one. Then you can have your carbon and use it too.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

And a note to the OP (David A.) you did NOT need to put the same "rant" in two different places.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Proto Primo in reduced sizes and color options would be good sellers.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCD Member

Get Dye to make Winchester hoppers with their locklids already attached to it. Have them thicken the feedneck area too to make it more standard.

That's all I really want...
Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
A.B.K.

CCM Fan
You forget...big name companies hate us.
SOGAmember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Six Point Five

I've been using a flip top modded app 50rd hopper for almost a year. Only time I have dry fires is when I fill it to much or creeping thru brush and try to reload without shaking it. Id love a hopper that was 50rd with a motor. I'm thinking of cutting up a revvy and putting a small hopper on it.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers