mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-09-2014, 03:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thanks 1shot for the time you took to test them all out. I've only used and tested the Winchester, GXG and APP when my buddy had his. I'll probably try out a sportshot one of these days. I plan on playing this sunday so I'll see how my Winchester holds up with the new AT.
It's funny you say why not use a long feed neck on a 50 round because I actually cut mine down on my hopper a while back to keep that super low profile. I was also doing it to force myself to make every shot count. Now that I have autotrigger I'll probably try to keep myself from using it too much unless I'm in those super sketchy spots. I just hope I don't turn into one of those dudes that uses his pump as a semi the whole game
Snowking63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

All of my Sterling's have AT and I ran with a Winchester all summer long, I didn't chop 1 ball and there was always a ball loaded every time I pulled the trigger.
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 2 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's plus a bunch of extra parts.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking63 View Post
I just hope I don't turn into one of those dudes that uses his pump as a semi the whole game
I got a lot better at pump play once I stopped doing that. LOL!
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

I use an app 50rd, I don't usually AT more than 3-5 shots...never had any trouble.
If the rest of our life is financially responsible, why not overspend on markers. If the rest of our life is a mess, it could be financially irresponsible to spend on markers.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Oksoldier20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksoldier20 View Post
I use an app 50rd, I don't usually AT more than 3-5 shots...never had any trouble.
Very good point. I just loaded mine with some reball on a Sniper. Five fast shots on the APP 50rd is no problem! It wasn't AT, but I shot them plenty fast. I should have grabbed a gun with AT, but I think the results would be the same.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

So I did a better test with the APP. I cycled old paint through it (five pumps at a time followed by a shake) as fast as I could. No breaks, no failure to feed. I think if you AT for 5 shots or less you should be good.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Awesome that's good to know. When I go tomorrow I'll probably bring my vlocity jr. for some hyperball games to make sure I don't misfeed. I'll post on here how everything holds up with the autotrigger

Last edited by Snowking63; 01-25-2014 at 04:40 AM.
Snowking63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

AT hopper choices?

So I CCM'd my P&P, it is way to easy to AT, so smooth and fast. I can actually stay on target wile AT. It's going to take real control not to let it rip. Time will tell if I do ok with the APP. I could see wanting more then 50 in the hopper, but I'm used to stock class and 10 round tubes. I played with an auto for the first time in almost 5 years this fall, LOL! Even my OC pump play has been limited. Anything heavier then a P68SC feels awkward. The P68SC is heavy, but a nice size. Not used to big tanks and 200 round hoppers. Any way a pic of my CCM'd P&P

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/...5367001B42.jpg

Last edited by 1shot; 01-19-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

Good looking marker.

Back on topic. I don't autotrigger, but If I need to lay paint down a primo still feeds pretty nice. Although for scenarios I prefer my rotor just to ensure there is always a ball in the chamber.

The world is like an ice cream sunday.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
TEAM FOOD

tacamo dual arc works great. its huge, but ive witnessed it feeding 13 bps no problem, zero chops, zero batteries.

if you gotta feed more than that, may as well play with a semi. semi auto markers have the 'smoothest pumpstroke", you cant even feel it.
thesauce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers