mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

ACI Maverick into Stock Class

Greetings!
I've seen this brought up before, but I came across a youtube video of someone who put one of the Empire spring feeds on an old PMI Trracer and was wondering how to go about putting one on a Maverick? Can't get a hold of the guy from the video I saw so gonna do it myself.

I'm looking to put either this one or this one on and was wondering if anyone has any experience or advice on either. Can I possibly cram the feed neck into the feed port on the first one or cram the second one into the feed neck?

Thanks!
Xombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
HENSHIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xombie View Post
Greetings!
I've seen this brought up before, but I came across a youtube video of someone who put one of the Empire spring feeds on an old PMI Trracer and was wondering how to go about putting one on a Maverick? Can't get a hold of the guy from the video I saw so gonna do it myself.

I'm looking to put either this one or this one on and was wondering if anyone has any experience or advice on either. Can I possibly cram the feed neck into the feed port on the first one or cram the second one into the feed neck?

Thanks!
Most likely not, you will have to, probably, make an adapter for the second link you posted. The first one you look at probably would not work too well, where as the second one has a long neck for an adapter.
ZZ rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thanks for the input. I ended up just building one from plastic piping, drilled holes in it, glued it to the elbow, painted it black, and stuck a cci feed tube cap on it. Turned out pretty well. Gonna post pics when I can.

Another question though:
I was looking to add a pump return spring to my Maverick to give it more of a Buzzard look/feel and was wondering what the specs are on those springs? (length, ID/OD, tension, etc.)
Old 07-16-2014, 02:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
HENSHIN!

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I ended up just building one from plastic piping, drilled holes in it, glued it to the elbow, painted it black, and stuck a cci feed tube cap on it. Turned out pretty well. Gonna post pics when I can.

Another question though:
I was looking to add a pump return spring to my Maverick to give it more of a Buzzard look/feel and was wondering what the specs are on those springs? (length, ID/OD, tension, etc.)
This was my stock class:
ZZ rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thanks ZZ, I like how you did a VSC setup.

Here is how mine ended up:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
And open class:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Not too keen on the 12g air-thru stock, looking to get a 13/3k and/or a bucket changer/rear dropout.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

That looks really clean I like it
ilivlife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilivlife View Post
That looks really clean I like it
Thanks!

I'm thinking the next thing I'm gonna do is add a bottom line. I noticed that the bottom of my grip has the 2 offset holes like a Spyder asa setup. Not sure if these were made by the previous owner, but does anyone have any knowledge of these holes being standard for this type of grip?
Old 07-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Thanks!

I'm thinking the next thing I'm gonna do is add a bottom line. I noticed that the bottom of my grip has the 2 offset holes like a Spyder asa setup. Not sure if these were made by the previous owner, but does anyone have any knowledge of these holes being standard for this type of grip?
Do you have pics of the bottom of the grip frame?
ilivlife is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers